Field Sales Supervisor (Area Manager)
Company: HD Supply
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Company Overview Field Sales Supervisor (Area Manager) As a Field
Sales Supervisor (Area Manager) with our Multi-Family vertical, you
will lead a team that is focused on selling MRO (maintenance,
repair and operations) supplies along with other products to our
customers in the apartment industry. HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (
www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in
North America. The company provides a broad range of products and
value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with
leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and
specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations
across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's
approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven
services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship
options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that
contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to
the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part
of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness,
diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the
company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow
professionally while providing competitive benefits and
compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and
achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD
Supply is ready for you! Job Description & Qualifications Job
Summary Responsible for the sale of products/services by
prospecting new customers and enhancing sales or services to
existing accounts through direct field sales representatives. This
position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal
Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of
the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply
will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this
position is an acceptable MVR report. Major Tasks, Responsibilities
and Key Accountabilities
- Develops and implements sales plans to achieve sales
- Prepares regular and special reports reflecting activity and
results of the sales effort.
- Reviews inventory and sales records, develops merchandising
techniques, and coordinates sales promotions.
- Performs routine visits with our clients and must be able to
handle any disputes or problems that may arise.
- Trains and familiarizes new Sales Representatives with
established policies, practices, products and services.
- Trains sales associates in effective selling processes and
- Supervises associates including selection, training, coaching,
and mentoring to develop associates.
- Shares market and competitor information with all applicable
channels within the organization; establishes relationships and
working partnerships with all levels of the organization. Nature
- Experience provides solutions.
- Ensures that work is performed consistently with company
policies and procedures.
- Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level
professional associates. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally
5+ years of experience in a related field. May require
certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some
disciplines. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Previous sales experience in similar industry preferred.
- Experience in business to business sales.
- Experience with sales techniques such as consultative selling.
PRID PRID147 Job ID 2019-32921 Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Sales Remote Position? Yes Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 92401 HD Supply is an Equal
Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for
employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age,
race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran
or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, San Bernardino , Field Sales Supervisor (Area Manager), Sales , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!