Company: Boot Barn
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: September 16, 2018
Job DescriptionPosition PurposeOur Store Sales Associates are responsible for providing an outstanding customer experience to all Boot Barn customers. They embody the Boot Barn mission, vision and values in all they do by developing selling and service skills, product knowledge, merchandising and visual presentation skills and point-of-sale proficiency. Our Sales Associates primary objective is to delight our customers every day and achieve their personal sales goals.Essential Job Functions By your actions foster a service and selling culture, exceed customer expectations and build consumer relationships that will be enduring Ensure customers receive the highest level of service through creating an engaging customer centric selling and service environment, accurate product knowledge, maintain SSC merchandising standards, and all other components of customer service Become an expert in our product categories and the features and benefits of individual products Maintain and achieve measureable goals including: sales per hour (SPH), units per transaction (UPT), average dollar per transaction (ADT), customer capture rates and email capture rates Be informed and understand current merchandise promotions, and current advertisements Actively seek new ways to improve metrics by partnering with the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, set up sales, and store housekeeping Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock Adhere to all Company policies, procedures, and practices including signing, pricing, OSR, and loss prevention and comply with the Company’s Time and Attendance policy and procedures Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash and media accountabilities at POS registersOther Duties and Responsibilities Demonstrate high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, employees, corporate partners and vendors Demonstrate high level of quality of work, attendance and appearance Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures and Safety Regulations Adhere to local, state and federal employment laws Work varied hours/days to meet the needs of the business Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary Any additional duties assigned by ManagementNature of SupervisionWork with Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, District Manager and Regional Director to ensure smooth operation of the store and that sales goals are being achieved.Performance MeasuresAchieve goals defined by store management: Sales per hour (SPH), units per transaction (UPT), average dollar per transaction (ADT), customer capture rates and email capture ratesSupervisory Responsibility NoneEducation/Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Demonstrates good communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skillsCompetencies
- Customer Centric / Sales Driven – Assesses customer experience within the store and promotes a culture of customer engagement. Is attentive to customers and understands their needs, offers products that are aligned with the Consumers expectations. Continually searches for ways to improve customer service
- Ensure Effective Communication - Listens carefully and attentively to others' opinions and deas. Communicates information clearly, concisely, and professionally.
- Establish Trust - Follows through on commitments. Is honest and direct in dealing with people. Promotes a culture of respect for, commitment to, and compliance with Company values, beliefs, and standards. Ensures the protection of confidential information.Physical DemandsIn general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Standing or walking for 75% of scheduled shifts
- Bending, stooping, kneeling and squatting occasionally throughout scheduled shifts
- Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds
- Ability to use a ladder and/or step stool occasionally
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees, SSC partners, customers and vendors
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms(Check the box that applies by double clicking on the box.)
Sedentary: Limited activity, no lifting, limited walking Moderate: Mostly standing, walking, bending, frequent lifting Light: Office work, some lifting, bending, stooping or kneeling, walking Arduous: Heavy lifting, bending, crawling, climbing
Work EnvironmentIn general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- The work space is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated with the proper safety compliance
- Noise levels are considered lowContactsThis position works largely with the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager and District Manager. This position has interactions with the Regional DirectorCompany DescriptionAt Boot Barn, we honor America's western heritage. We believe in quality products and good value. And we've stocked our shelves with quality western and work gear for you and your family. With over 500,000 pairs of boots -- western, work and fashion -- and over 8,000 styles of jeans, shirts, hats, belts, jewelry and more, we offer the latest styles from the brands you love.Hatched over thirty years ago with one store in Orange County, California, Boot Barn has become the nations largest Western and Work retailer with 230 + stores in 30 states and a robust e-commerce business. We will outfit you from head to toe and give you the kind of service you'd expect from a company that values heritage, hard work and community.
Keywords: Boot Barn, San Bernardino , Sales Associate, Sales , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!