Regional Manager, Sales
Company: Macmillan Learning
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Description Macmillan Learning is seeking a Regional Sales
Manager for our California Region that covers the state of
California. This person will be responsible for meeting and
exceeding annual financial and net sales goals for Macmillan
Learning products, the recruitment and training of sales
consultants, and for coordinating and orchestrating all sales
resources, travel, and sales support throughout the region.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with setting up and conducting interviews to recruit new
- Hire, train and manage all direct reports (approximately
- Assist Management colleagues as needed in their recruitment and
- Plan personal sales calls and client visits and coordinate
activities with assigned sales reps.
- Travel with, and work closely and effectively with each Sales
Representative to identify, develop, and close priority sales
- Work closely with sales representatives to develop sell through
plans for key adoptions to make sure closed business is purchased
by the students.
- Coordinate and orchestrate all sales resources, travel, and
sales support throughout the region.
- Take ownership as necessary of high profile, top priority, most
complex customers and sales targets.
- Communicate, coordinate, and collaborate with Sales
Specialists, Marketing Managers, and Editors to determine sales
target, competitive conditions and strategies for selling products
to the professor and ensuring sell through of those
- Responsible for maintaining strong individual and team
- Work closely with management to formulate ongoing sales
- Develop and implement a goal-oriented business plan geared
towards maximizing the potential of the ML product list and of each
Sales Representative and Sales Territory within the California
- Analyze sales territories, target new sales opportunities, and
develop and implement strategies to improve sales performance and
achieve company goals.
- Develop itineraries that will maximize ability to train sales
personnel and to impact sales performance.
- Actively participate and contribute as required in the planning
and implementation of regional and national sales meetings,
marketing planning meetings, author meetings, training events, and
other sales-related events.
- Manage timely and effective personal and direct reports
sampling to ensure best sales results while remaining within a
specified sampling budget.
- Manage and track travel & entertainment (T&E) activities
and remain within budget.
- Work closely with the Director of College (West), Sales
Managers, Marketing, and Editorial to ensure that a shared vision,
common goals, and macro strategies remain intact and are
- Provide seasonal sales forecasts of projected units
- Make recommendations on improvements to product lines, customer
relations, marketing research, sales techniques, sales tools, and
- Integrate appropriate managerial reports into operational
efforts to maximize sales performance at the title, course, subject
area, and account levels.
- Provide thoughtful and timely feedback to in-house marketing
and editorial queries.
- Represent ML as required and requested in the signing of
authors and in communicating ML policies and programs to customers,
organizations and other partners in Higher Education.
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- At least 5 years of successful sales experience.
- Publishing Experience, Sales Experience and Management
Experience highly preferred.
- Collaborate with different groups across the organization
(marketing, product, etc.).
- Experience analyzing sales and product data to draw conclusions
to implement a plan.
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment where
attention to detail is important while adhering to strict
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, comfortable
with Public Speaking.
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task, prioritize and take
initiative to provide support.
- Proficient computer skills with experience using Google Suite
and Microsoft Office.
- Organized and customer focused with project management /
- Requires periods of close concentration, must be able to
multi-task, and must be able to travel.
Salary Range: $100,000 - $110,000
This role is based in California, and candidates must reside within
the state of California. Relocation will not be provided.
Regular full-time and qualifying part-time employees and their
dependents are eligible for Macmillan benefits, effective on the
employee's date of hire. Macmillan also offers health benefits
coverage to qualifying same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners
(may require additional documentation) of active employees.
- Competitive pay and bonus plan
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Contributions to your 401k retirement account through
- Generous paid time off, sick time, floating holidays, and paid
holidays (International Day for the Elimination of Racial
Discrimination, Juneteenth, Indigenous People's Day, and
- Employee Assistance Program, Education Assistance
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- And much more!
Macmillan Learning is a privately-held, family owned company that
improves lives through learning. By linking research to learning
practice, we develop pioneering products and learning materials for
students that are highly effective and drive improved outcomes. Our
engaging content is developed in partnership with the world's best
researchers, educators, administrators, and developers. To learn
more, please visit macmillanlearning.com or see us on Facebook,
Twitter, LinkedIn or join our Macmillan Community. Macmillan
Learning is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a
family-owned global media company headquartered in Stuttgart,
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job
applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences,
including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age,
veteran, family and economic status and background, geographical
background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best
companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints,
backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are
committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels. You
can read more about our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion initiatives
The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of
Bedford, Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC d/b/a Macmillan
Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has
developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY
Department of Education's guidance. Portions of the affirmative
action program are available for review by applicants and employees
by contacting Human Resources at Macmillan Learning.
Education Bachelors (required)
Keywords: Macmillan Learning, San Bernardino , Regional Manager, Sales, Sales , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!