Business Service Representative - San Bernardino
Company: Goodwill Southern California
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands
of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and
services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino
counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and
the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been
transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years.
Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds
generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation
centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the
public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving
organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our
mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day
Primary Responsibility / Summary
This position provides a wide range of services to businesses and
job seekers including outreach, recruitment, screening,
assessments, workshops, job development training assistance and
follow-ups to realize the vision, mission, values, goals, and
strategic plan of the Center. Goodwill Southern California greatly
values our employees' health and well-being. Per company Policy,
all our employees are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Conducts employer outreach to markets Goodwill business services
to employers through phone contact, emails, correspondence, and
face to face presentations. Updates databases as required and
maintains a database and reference file of employer contacts.
2. Develops job leads and job orders to meet the needs of job
seekers and employers. Interacts with job seekers and career
resource specialists to ensure job leads match job seekers
interests and skills.
3. Provides quality recruitment, lay-off aversion, out placement
and other services to businesses including but not limited to
pre-screening of applicants, targeted recruitments, hosted job
fairs, job postings, job matching and interviewing assistance.
4. Conducts job readiness workshops that prepare job seekers for
real-life business needs and expectations.
5. Responsible for providing viable job leads for
WorkSource/American Job Service Center customers and meet the
Target Analysis goals.
6. Assists in developing, maintaining and leading viable Business
Advisory Collaborative and other partnership opportunities or
7. Provides other services to businesses such as assistance with
applications for tax credit incentives, and information on labor
market trends, Empowerment Zone program, Federal Bonding Program,
reasonable accommodations and job training assistance
8. Conducts regular labor market and industry needs analysis and
stays current on business and hiring trends.
9. Driving record must be acceptable by the company's insurance
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
1. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.ualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of sales related experience
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university
required.A combination of training, education, and experience may
be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in recruitment or staffing industry highly
- Strong interpersonal, organization, multitasking skills
required.Critical thinking, self-motivation and high degree of
integrity & ethics essential.
- Ability to speak another language and understand another
culture as if required by the program or local community.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Non-profit experience preferred.Other Qualifications
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates
fully in carrying out its mission.
- Adheres to Goodwill's values of Respect, Integrity, Service, &
Excellence.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None required.English Language Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations.Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals.Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.Mathematical
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals.Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw
and interpret bar graphs.Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Computer Skills
- Must have intermediate knowledge of computer programs in a
Windows environment, including Word, Excel, Outlook and
- Case Management softwareRequired Training
1. New Hire Orientation
3. Corporate Compliance
4. Values and Diversity Training
5. Conflict of Interest
6. Business Ethics
- Safely Surrender Baby Law
- Mandated Reporter Status
- Data Systems
- ADA and Reasonable Accommodation
- GCDF Certification
- Safety Training
- Any other training required by law, funders, and the
organization.Values-Based Work Environment Notice
Goodwill Southern California provides a values-based work
environment for our employees.All individuals are expected to
support and promote our values:
1. We treat everyone with respect, compassion and inclusion,
recognizing their contributions and differences.
2. We conduct business with transparency, integrity and
3. We pursue a vision of excellence and continuous improvement to
better the lives of those we serve.
The above description is not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list
of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor is it
intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required
to do the job. Rather, it is intended only to describe the general
nature of the job.
- Drug Screen
- Background Check
- Employment Verification
- Live Scan
- COVID Vaccine VerificationIndeed123
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity
employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more
information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law,
please click here:
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers
to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity
for applicants and employees.
Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws
prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the
Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of
1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration
and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by
federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against
qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the
provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the
Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly
issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled
persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity
administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits
to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of
his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be
extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the
employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring,
upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff,
recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations
for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or
applicants for employment. If you need assistance for
accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify
the Human Resources Department.
Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of
the need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
Keywords: Goodwill Southern California, San Bernardino , Business Service Representative - San Bernardino, Sales , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!