Apartment Maintenance Supervisor
Company: National Community Renaissance
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: October 10, 2019
"Together, we transform lives and communities!"
National Community Renaissance (CORE) is seeking an Apartment
Maintenance Supervisor (aka Resident Services Supervisor) to join
our Property Management team. CORE is one of the nation's largest
non-profit affordable housing developers with over a 25-year track
record in community revitalization. We transform the economic and
social future of communities by building quality, affordable
housing combined with best practice social services to improve the
self-sufficiency of our residents.
National Community Renaissance C.O.R.E. Values:
COMMUNITY -Through our high-quality construction and social
services, we build great communities where our residents and
neighbors can thrive.
OPTIMISM -We believe in the ability of people to strive for better
lives, and we help provide them with the means to achieve their
RESPECT -We serve our residents, partners, and employees with
EXCELLENCE -We strive for the highest standards in design,
construction, property management, and customer service.
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefit
package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match,
Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation, and sick
**POSITION COMES WITH AN ON-SITE APARTMENT**
About the Job:
The Resident Services Supervisor reports to the Community Manager
and is responsible for the overall maintenance of the physical site
and supervision of entire Resident Services team.
- Work closely with Community Manager to maintain integrity of
property within established budget.
- Over site of all maintenance projects.
- Supervise and assist in all maintenance issues including, but
not limited to, electrical repairs, plumbing repairs, carpentry
work, custodial work and concrete, masonry, roofing fencing and
signage when needed.
- Perform touch-up painting, interior and exterior, as
- Perform carpentry work, such as fitting doors, freeing windows,
replacing and building shelves, sanding and refinishing
- Train subordinate employees.
- Monitor all incoming after-hour emergency calls and participate
- Be responsible for inventory control and utilization of
- Keep storage/maintenance shop facilities and equipment clean
and in orderly working condition.
- Schedule subordinate maintenance personnel and work order
requests, adhering to maintenance priorities.
- Ensure that work orders were completed within 24 hours, unless
otherwise stipulated, and all needed follow-up or scheduling is
accomplished in a timely manner.
- Assist in scheduling and completing apartment inspections,
including annual and turnover inspections.
- Be responsible for the refurbishing of apartments prior to
- Keep accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, work
orders, apartment refurbishing, annual inspections, inventories,
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the
manufacturers' recommendations and operating manuals.
- Periodically inspect all units, buildings, and common areas,
performing repairs and janitorial assistance as needed.
- Have knowledge regarding water and gas meter shutoffs, all
apartment and fixture shutoffs, sewer cleanouts and post map of the
- Make sure storage areas and entrances are locked and adequate
lighting in those areas is maintained as well as throughout common
areas of property.
- Have constant knowledge regarding contracts and vendors, their
services and goods.
- Negotiate with vendors to ensure best pricing on services and
- Responsible for Performance Reviews and disciplinary action
process for subordinate employees.
- Responsible for execution and record keeping of Preventive
- Must be conscious of a safe work environment.
- Assist in Resident Services Training programs.
- Must have current license and be insured to drive for company
- Must have home telephone and inform supervisor of current phone
- Work with the Capital Improvement Manager to plan and implement
all capital improvement projects.
- Ensure compliance with all MSDS books, labeling of bottles and
- Must attend Company sponsored events that relate to the
development of the team, which, from time to time, may include
overnight stays at locations away from the employee's home.
- Other duties as may be needed or required at the request of the
Community Manager or other supervisors.
- Must possess ability to serve as a resource to others in the
resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
assigned goals. May orient, train, assign and check the work of
lower level employees.
- Ability to work with and understand persons of all ethnic and
- Must demonstrate initiative, professionalism, integrity and
exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Must be able to read and speak English or read and speak
English and Spanish, as appropriate to the resident base, in order
to effectively communicate between the Resident Services Technician
and residents as well as between Resident Services Technician and
co-workers and supervisors.
- Concern for work-safety program.
- Maintain work pace appropriate to given work load.
- Perform complex and varied tasks.
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions.
- Basic budgeting knowledge and understanding.
- Ability to forecast future projects and forward plan.
- Be a team player.
The Resident Services Supervisor should have the following minimal
knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Three or more years of experience in resident services and
maintenance or related field.
- Two to three years supervisory experience.
- Must be HVAC Certified.
- High school education or equivalent is needed or a combination
of 3+ years relevant work experience and technical
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to various types of weather.
- Standing, walking
- Working with hands
- Driving - must have a valid driver's license and updated
automobile insurance in order to drive for business purposes.
- Operate computer and office equipment.
National Community Renaissance is an equal opportunity
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: National Community Renaissance, San Bernardino , Apartment Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!