Company: First Transit
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Are you interested in becoming a Road Supervisor? Now is your
chance! Become a Road Supervisor with First Transit! Our road
supervisors are an integral part of daily operations. Road
Supervisors assure all routes are completed in compliance with
safety procedures. This position also monitors and coaches bus
drivers. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service
their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and
determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you! First
Transit has been purchased by Transdev and will be the employer for
this job posting. We are the leading integrator and operator of
multiple modes of transportation. With a combined presence in 43 US
states, plus DC and Puerto Rico, we have lots of opportunities for
growth! You can find additional job opportunities and locations
directly at www.transdevNA.jobs . Job Purpose or Scope
Serves as First Line supervisors for Drivers, customer response,
driver field evaluation and accident first responders. Our Road
Supervisors will enjoy:
- $18.00/ HR
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Communicates job requirements and responsibilities to
- Takes responsibility for day to day scheduling, counseling and
evaluation reports to local
- Conducts on-the-scene accident investigation; assists drivers
in preparing accident reports, OSHA
reports and safety violations documents.
- Designs and delivers driver training and safety courses; trains
new drivers and retrains those involved
- Liaisons between drivers and both clients and organization in
customer service issues.
- Evaluates and monitors driver safety and performance, as well
as compliance in legal, employment
and labor policy matters.
- Assists Safety Manager with DOT/FTA compliance regarding drug
testing and recordkeeping.
- Assists in dispatching, driving, interviewing, and
miscellaneous clerical tasks as needed.
- Meets all driver qualifications at location.
- Obtains a CDL required to operate vehicles at location,
maintains that license, and drives route
- Additional duties as assigned. Minimum Education &
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) Minimum Experience & Skills
- Supervisory experience with hourly employees, with 2-3 years of
transit supervisory experience
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and
- Familiar with basic vehicle mechanical processes and
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time
- Excellent verbal, written and relational communication skills,
with ability to appropriately interact
with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior
management, client representatives,
union officials and general public; fluent in English.
- Human resources and training experience.
- Work extended hours regularly, including Saturday.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as
- Essential Job Functions:
- Use of full ranges of hearing, speech and vision
- Use of fingers (manual dexterity) handling paperwork
- Stoop, crouch, squat or kneel when performing inspections of
- Bend at knee, hip, waist when performing duties
- Stand while performing inspections and platform training
- Be subject to wet, cold or hot environmental conditions
- Write reports in a coherent, legible way First for a Reason
Benefits We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary
based on role, location, and business), including physical and
mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
holiday/vacation. Diversity & Inclusion Because we're stronger
together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First.
We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working
environment for everyone every day. Professional Advancement Start
here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means
tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence
across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager
Program prepares future leaders at First Transit. Extensive
Training Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and
security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job
efficiency. Community Service & Impact Go where opportunity meets
community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As
the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your
community, you'll have a positive impact on others. Subject to DOT
drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not authorize the
use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for any reason. We
aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to
attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Transit, San Bernardino , Road Supervisor, Professions , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...