Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: November 22, 2022
GIS Analyst - ( 220003TS )DescriptionThe Geographic Information
System (GIS) Analyst or Senior GIS Analyst (depending on
experience) is responsible for providing GIS services to external
and/or internal clients in a shared services environment. Work will
focus on supporting Environmental Services projects. The GIS
Analyst determines client needs and proposes optimal GIS and
geospatial technologies and solutions to meet business needs.Your
OpportunityThis is an exciting full-time position working within
our Environmental Services business operating unit. Position can be
remote, within close proximity to one of the following locations:
Pasadena, CA; Thousand Oaks, CA; San Bernardino, CA; Irvine, CA;
San Diego, CA. The position will be joining an existing dynamic 5
person GIS group to support exciting projects across the western
United States. The desired candidate should be well-rounded across
the entire GIS platform.Your Key Responsibilities
- Applying GIS theories, principles, and software to efficiently
meet project demands.
- Serves as the GIS lead on both small and large-scale
- Proficient scoping appropriate GIS technology and level of
effort for project tasks.
- Completes both basic (e.g., georeferencing) and complex (e.g.,
suitability modeling) desktop GIS tasks and analyses.
- Configures and develops mobile data collection
- Configures and develops web-based applications.
- Creating maps/figures and performs a wide range of geospatial
analyses in support of diverse projects.
- Designs and manages project-specific spatial databases in
accordance with defined data management standards.
- Leverages ArcGIS Platform to create comprehensive project GIS
- Collaborates with geospatial (GIS, CAD, survey, remote sensing,
etc.) staff members across the company.
- Provides quality control / quality assurance of outgoing GIS
- Mentoring of junior members of the GIS team in technical skills
and project management.QualificationsYour Capabilities and
- Well established understanding of GIS theory and
- Significant experience working with and applying the Esri
ArcGIS Platform (Desktop, ArcGIS Online, Enterprise), including in
a virtualized environment (e.g., Citrix), to a wide variety of
- Proficient with Esri ArcGIS Desktop software (i.e., ArcPro,
- Proficient with ArcGIS Online and/or Portal to publish project
sensitive data within custom web maps and applications for data
consumption by project teams, the client and/or public.
- Competent with ArcGIS Online associated applications (e.g.,
Dashboards, Web App Builder, StoryMaps, Hub Sites)
- Experience configuring Esri mobile data collection applications
(e.g., ArcGIS Collector, ArcGIS Survey123, QuickCapture, Field
Maps) to meet a wide variety of project field data collection
- Strong foundation in data acquisition, data management, data
analysis, data models and data editing.
- Deep understanding of coordinate systems, projections, and
- Advanced cartographic skills for both desktop and web-based
- Familiarity with GIS / CAD data interoperability
- Familiarity with 3-D visualization techniques within ArcGIS
- Understanding of remote sensing general principles and
applications (e.g., LiDAR) and experience using derived data
products (e.g., las dataset, DEM, DSM)
- Basic experience with python scripting to automate tasks and/or
strong interest in developing python scripting skillsetKey
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative
- Ability to meet project deadlines and understand how assigned
tasks relate to project goals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work
- Ability to perform work accurately in a detail-oriented
- Ability to research and problem-solve technical issues.
- Ability to understand the big picture of a project and how that
relates to the GIS tasks at hand.
- Desire to push the boundaries of GIS on projects, when
- Enjoys challenging GIS tasks.
- Exceptional visual, written, and verbal communication
- Interest and ability to educate and promote GIS and geospatial
- Interest and ability to develop overarching GIS solutions that
can be consistently applied to various projects that are
- Interest in keeping up to date on emerging geospatial
- Self-motivated to learn new GIS skills and continuously improve
on existing skillsets.Education and Experience
- Bachelors or an advanced degree in GIS, environmental science,
geology, geomatics engineering, geotechnical engineering, or
related field with demonstrated GIS training or coursework.
- 5 - 7 years of professional applied experience providing GIS
- Prior experience within a consulting environment is preferred
but is not required.
- Advanced Web App Development experience would be valuable but
is not required.
- Intermediate to Advanced Python scripting skills would be
valuable but is not required.
- Advanced data management experience (Server, SDE, SQL) would be
beneficial but not required.
- Specific experience providing innovative GIS services and
solutions within the Environmental Services business sectors will
be considered a strength but is not
- GISP is an asset but not requiredThis description is not a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that may be required of the employee and other duties,
responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed
at any time with or without notice.Stantec is a place where the
best and brightest come to build on each others talents, do
exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us
and redefine your personal best.Primary Location : United
States-California-Thousand OaksOther Locations : United
States-California-Pasadena, United States-California-Irvine, United
States-California-San Bernardino, United States-California-San
DiegoOrganization : BC-1858 Environmental Services-US
PacificEmployee Status : RegularJob Level : Individual
ContributorTravel : Yes, 10 % of the TimeSchedule : Full-timeJob
Posting : Nov 11, 2022, 9:28:52 AMReq ID: 220003TSStantec provides
equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and
applicants for future and current employment and prohibit
discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, marital status, genetic information,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in
decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion,
compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any
other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local,
state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable
opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including
Keywords: Stantec, San Bernardino , GIS Analyst, Professions , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!