Company: EMCOR Group Inc.
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Mesa Energy Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group,
Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and
electrical construction and facilities services, including
planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Mesa Energy
Systems is a HVAC mechanical services company that provides fully
integrated solutions for preventative maintenance and repair,
upgrading existing mechanical, electrical, and controls systems to
provide the most efficient economic solutions to meet customer
expectations. Summary The Site Project Superintendent must work
effectively with the Sr. Project Manager and Quality Control
Manager, and will be responsible for production, ensuring quality
and maintaining a culture of safety among employees and
subcontractors. The main area of focus will be in the San
Bernardino County area. Duties and -ResponsibilitiesPreconstruction
- Participates in preconstruction planning, when possible,
regarding the project schedule and budget. Reviews project budget
and cost control system at the beginning of the project.
- Communicates a consistent level of expectations and direction
with subcontractors and employees regarding schedules, construction
methods, company policies and procedures, permits, safety/loss
prevention, quality control, and other performance
standards.Project Start-up and Scheduling
- Thoroughly understands project specifications, the contract,
and the contract's general conditions, and confirms that all
materials and subcontract work comply with documents and quality
- Explores and advises the project team on appropriate changes in
methods, materials schedules, and procedures. Ensures all materials
are properly tested according to specifications and ensures that
all test results are properly recorded.
- Assist with the development of the Project Schedule.
- Prepare and issue a 3-Week Look Ahead schedule to provide a
detailed day-to-day plan of upcoming work identified on the overall
Project Schedule. The detail work plans are to be bar chart type
schedules, maintained separately from the Project Schedule.
Activities shall have sufficient level of detail to assign crews,
tools and equipment required to complete the work.Project
Administration, Operations and Close-out
- Ensures that project site and company assets are secure and
maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times by
implementing programs for safety, Equal Employment Opportunity,
risk management, training, and quality control.
- Manages and documents employee and subcontractor problems or
nonperformance (along with the project manager) through
mentoring/training, disciplinary action, termination, back charges,
or other appropriate actions.
- Confirms that extra charges from subcontractors/suppliers are
reasonable and work is correctly executed. Coordinates with project
manager for approval of accepted change orders.
- Facilitates weekly project production and safety meetings with
all subcontractor representatives and coordinates the upcoming
week's work to be accomplished. Attends all progress meetings with
the core stakeholders. Complete daily production reports.
- Ensures that the project closeout process is finalized,
demobilize all resources, and turnover the project to the
- Manages the critical work environment planning and Methods of
Procedure to ensure minimization of human error factors which could
cause down time during work processes.
- Provides leadership of all field related mission critical work
activities and coordinates with employees, subcontractors and
end-users for proper execution.Job Requirements
- 5 years' experience as a Superintendent on referenceable
projects ranging 1-10 million dollars
- Hospital, DOD and Private MEP projects
- Knowledge and experience in mechanical, electrical, and
- Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating project-related
processes and making necessary changes, using customer input to
make improvements, and meeting or exceeding internal and external
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer and company
communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6 experience a plus.
- Understanding of all mechanical/electrical/plumbing (MEP)
systems to include schedule sequencing, quality control focus
points, system start-up, etc.
- Ability to communicate with end-user/owner representatives
effectively and serve as the main point of contact for all issues
during construction.#CB We offer our employees a competitive salary
and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for
individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to
our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity
Keywords: EMCOR Group Inc., San Bernardino , Project Superintendent, Professions , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!