Field Preventive Maintenance Technician
Company: Multiquip Inc
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Overview Why Work At Multiquip? Multiquip Inc has been in
business for almost 50 years, with our parent company ITOCHU
International Inc. ranks 71 out of the Fortune Global 500 companies
to work for. We are one of the largest, diversified manufacturers
and suppliers of excellent quality products. Multiquip's
comprehensive product portfolio includes light to medium
construction equipment, power generators, and lighting. Join our
team! This position performs service repairs and preventive
maintenance on multiquip products, primarily on power generation.
Providing superior service and representing Multiquip's
professional and trusted support known in the industry. * Flexible
hours, swing shift
* Base pay + annual bonus
* Company Vehicle will be provided Responsibilities * Performs
perventative maintenance of customer equipment, primarily power
* PM duties include but aren't limited to oil changes, filter
changes, coolant drain & fill, load banking, DOT inspections and
overall unit operation testing.
* Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, with excellent
work ethic, neat appearance and good communication skills. Take
full ownership of job.
* Ability to properly and completely fill out all hand written and
electronic service reports, inspection checklists and timecards
within department guidelines.
* Prepares and completes service reports in a precise and timely
* Maintian list of supplies needed to keep job production
* Properly segment jobs and order parts accordingly
* Return unneeded parts immediately upon job completion, complete
all necessary warranty documentation and send completed follow up
forms on a timely basis.
* Effectively communicate job status to customers and office
* Works in an efficient manner; at customer's jobsite, in the shop
and when driving to location or shop.
* Maintain Multiquip supplied tooling and equipment, including
company provided service vehicle.
* Perform mechanical work relating to the business of the
* Coordinates and assists Lead Service Technician and Field Service
Managers as needed.
* Cleans, repairs, reconditions, and maintains generators and
* Request equipment and or supplies for the purpose of maintaining
inventory and ensuring availability of the items required to
complete necessary jobs.
* Participates in meetings and trainings as assigned for the
purpose of conveying or gathering information required to perform
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Redos or excessive labor do not exceed 5% of total labor hours
worked and no cases occur where the customer or company's equipment
is damaged due to mechanic's neglect or abuse.
* Use and apply appropriate safety PPE provided.
* Work over time as needed to meet customer expectations and
* Accountable for meeting labor flat rates and quality repair.
Report inaccurate flat rates and situations when flat rates will
not be met to your manager/supervisor. Qualifications * High school
diploma or (GED) equivalent;
* One year Automotive or Diesel Certification from a technical
school; or 2+ Years of experience on similar equipment.
* Generator operation, load banking and electrical troubleshooting
* Must have valid driver's license and good driving record. Skills
and Abilities: * We are looking for a dedicated individual who is a
team player with a positive attitude.
* Ability to perform high quality repairs, in an efficient fashion,
and maintain a clean working environment while working in the
field.Has great overall understanding of complex and/or logical
* Laptop - Has basic level of windows 10 and Microsoft Office
* Has the ability to travel to job sites for repairs and work
independently, overtime and overnight travel if needed.
* Has strong problem-solving skills and is detailed oriented with a
high level of accuracy; and
* Is able to use resources to retrieve, read and interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, service manuals, parts manuals, service bulletins and
procedure manuals. Compensation and Benefits: * Base pay + annual
* Company Vehicle will be provided.
* Company Credit Card to cover business-related expenses.
* As a full time employee you will receive full benefits on the 1st
of the month after 30 days of employment for you and your
* Affordable HMO & PPO plans with Blue Shield
* Vision & Dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
* Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term
* 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial
* Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,250 a year
* MetLife Hyatt Legal and AFLAC benefit plans
* Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
Multiquip provides competitive pay and benefits and supports our
employees through our values of safety, integrity and respect.
Employment is subject to pre-employment physical, drug-screening
and background investigation. E-Verify (is used to verify a
candidates' legal right to work in the U.S. Multiquip Inc. is proud
to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
received consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status or other protected class. The
information available below link is provided in good faith to
comply with the Machine-Readable Files (MRF) provision of the
Transparency in Coverage Final Rule (TCFR). These files are
extensive collections of data to be ingested and read by machines
and are not intended for member use. Access files: To learn more
about the TCFR and the MRF provision, refer to this Centers for
Medicare & Medicaid Services page.
Keywords: Multiquip Inc, San Bernardino , Field Preventive Maintenance Technician, Professions , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!