Inventory Control Manager - Distribution
Company: HD Supply
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: August 7, 2022
HD Supply, a Home Depot company, is seeking an Inventory Control
Manager for our 500K Sq. Ft. facility in San Bernardino, CA. This
position oversees over $30+ mil in inventory holdings. You
will directly manage approximately 4 associates focused on
inventory accuracy, cycle counts, slotting, returns, customer
service, internal process quality and cross-functional process
improvements. Preferred Qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years of experience with inventory management.
- 4+ years directly managing inventory associates.
- Inventory Management in a high-sku count, high velocity is
- Management of high dollar inventory
- Experience with accounting basics and financial impact of
- Ability to manage between 20,000 to 50,000 SKUs valued $64
- SAP EWM or similar ERP.
- Proficiency with MS Office to include Excel for reporting.Perks
of working for HD Supply includes:
- We're growing!
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental,
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Management Bonus Opportunities.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Equity Eligible.Job SummaryManage inventory for business
including development of solutions. Oversee inventory team.Major
Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Manages inventory by reducing exposure to excess stock, dead
stock and write downs. Reallocates and redistributes excess and
potential dead stock.
- Identifies products slow or non-moving and develops solutions.
Enters transfers to facilitate movement of materials. Adjusts sell
prices if necessary.
- Manages vendor relations and vendor return process; leverages
against forward buys. Analyzes forward buys to reduce exposure to
- Oversees inventory control team, managing hiring, training and
development and performance appraisals.
- Trains associates on systems as related to inventory. Performs
analysis and support line reviews. Responds to questions and
provides support for inventory issues.
- Analyzes trends, determines methods for reporting excess and
dead stock to field. Analyzes and researches inventory drift,
contrasting inventory value between system and books.
- Updates inventory lists and researches gains and losses.
Manages physical inventory and counts. Performs inventory
adjustments researching validity and coordinating adjustments.
- Supports purchasing group.
- Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles, and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the
- Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally
7+ years of experience in a related field. May require
certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some
Keywords: HD Supply, San Bernardino , Inventory Control Manager - Distribution, Professions , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!