Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift)
Company: MAPEI Corporation
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The RoleThe Maintenance Mechanic/Technician is an extremely
important role in MAPEI's manufacturing facilities. The ultimate
aim of our Maintenance Team is to keep an efficient and safe
manufacturing process. The maintenance team is involved in routine
maintenance procedures as well as helping to troubleshoot complex
issues should they arise with equipment in the manufacturing
process and the facility. The Maintenance Mechanic/Technicians work
on troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing production equipment
including but not limited to industrial blenders, industrial
mixers, automated packaging equipment, manual packaging equipment,
robotic equipment, pumps, valves and pressures vessels. MAPEI
Corporate Video .
- Work with supervisors/management to conduct repairs and
preventive maintenance to minimize downtime of manufacturing
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment and machinery,
electrical instruments and control systems, electrical power
systems, process and piping systems
- Maximize equipment reliability by effectively performing
assigned work orders and PMs. Ensure complete and effective
repairs. Proactively initiate work orders based on PM observations,
measurements or PdM reports.
- Document all activities, resources used, and appropriate
- Interpret manual and computer generated reports and suggest
changes to improve the operability, reliability and safety of
- Requisition required repair parts under direction of
- Conduct maintenance and PM work in accordance with OSHA rules,
PSM regulations/guidelines, and state and local environmental
- Effectively monitor and adhere to maintenance KPI's.
- Perform mechanic activites/skills including, but not limited
to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting,
and repair of production machines.
- Actively increase skill level through self-development
activities for continuous improvement.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly
- Perform other duties as required.Qualifications
- Must have a minimum of a high school degree or GED
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of maintenance manufacturing
- Knowledge of NEC and NFPA 70E standards and regulations in
daily electrical tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to accomplish work that requires
knowledge to install new equipment or to modify an existing
- Statistical Process Control : Understands various SPC tools
(Control charts, Standard deviation, Cpk, etc.) and has the ability
to use them for analysis and trend identification.
- Mechanical Skills: Interpretation of pneumatic system
schematics, troubleshooting of pneumatic systems, V-belt
tensioning, valves and valve replacements, motors and drive
systems, contactors, starters, relays, switches, power supplies,
and transformers, and electrical enclosures and wiring devices
- Electrical Skills; Interpretation of electrical and controls
circuitry schematics, Interpretation of PLC schematics, Electrical
standards, Use of electrical equipment, Troubleshooting, Safety
- Working knowledge of PLC hardware and Ladder Logic
- You should be proficient and comfortable with computers and
demonstrate proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. independently; and up to 100 lbs.
- You must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Forklift experience/certification is a plus.
- Must be able to accommodate the designated shift hours: 1st
shift (days), 2nd shift (3:00 pm - 11:00 am approx.) or a 3rd shift
(10:00 pm to 6:30 am approx.)enefits DetailsMAPEI offers a
Competitive Base Pay & shift differentials paid per hour; $1.00
p/hr for 2nd and $2.00 for 3rd shift. In addition, MAPEI offers
medical coverage options for you and your family. We currently
offer highly competitive medical plan options with minimal monthly
employee contributions and very, very low deductibles! We offer
dental, vision, flex spending accounts, and more! Our employees
earn paid time off, have the opportunity to participate in
retirement savings with a company match available, educational
encouragement, as well as various other company employee-centric
initiatives. "At MAPEI our employees are our greatest asset. Our
teams provide valuable skills and knowledge that are essential to
MAPEI Corporation's continued growth and future success which is
why we honor your efforts and commitment by providing highly
competitive compensation packages and one of the most comprehensive
employee benefits offering in our Industry. The continued
well-being of our employees and their loved ones is of the utmost
importance to us." - President and CEO, MAPEI Americas. Corporate
Video: MAPEI Corporate Video .Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Keywords: MAPEI Corporation, San Bernardino , Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift), Professions , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!