Material Handler - 1st Shift
Company: XPO Logistics Inc.
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all
levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires.
You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees,
which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have
the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career
you can be proud of.
1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 5:00am - 1:30pm
As a Material Handler, you will have an important role on our team
helping us provide sophisticated supply chain solutions to our
customers. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity with a
company that is clearly going places, join us at GXO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive
compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health
insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance,
disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
* Support operations by moving material and inventory throughout
* Use hand trucks, conveyors or other material handling
* Perform duties that may include packing, scanning, kitting or
* Verify orders, label products and use a handheld scanner
* Adhere to the 7S program
* Maintain a clean environment at all times
* Work in a safe manner that protects you and your team members
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
* To be at least 18 years of age
* The ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating instructions and procedural documents
It'd be great if you also have:
* 1 year of experience in a warehouse environment
* Availability to work a flexible schedule, with possible overtime
* Experience using a handheld scanner
* Positive attitude and the ability to work on a team to achieve
goals and objectives
This job requires the ability to:
* Lift objects of various shapes, sizes, and weights; lift up to 50
* Stand, sit or walk for prolonged periods of time
* Bend, stoop, squat, twist, push and pull
* Handle or manage tools or equipment
* Tolerate hot or cold warehouse environments
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to
the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers
manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and
services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic,
innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO
a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding
COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply
with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be
required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement
Nearest Major Market: San Bernardino
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Supply, Logistics, Facilities, Supply Chain,
Apply now "
Keywords: XPO Logistics Inc., San Bernardino , Material Handler - 1st Shift, Professions , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!