Quality Control Manager (Able to Obtain and Maintain a Secret Clearance)
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Akima Support Operations (ASO) provides logistics, facilities
maintenance and operations, transportation and support services for
mission-critical military installations and civilian agencies
around the country. From the homes of U.S. Central Command and U.S.
Special Operations Command to the highways of suburban Virginia,
ASO experts and professionals work behind the scenes to ensure
smooth and continuous operations. Our personnel enjoy competitive
benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments
committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth.
As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company's
profits go back to our more than 14,000 Iupiat shareholders that
have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000
years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes
to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging
- Reports directly to the corporate Quality Manager and maintains
daily interface with the Project Manager
- Serves as the primary point of contact for implementing and
managing the Quality Control Program.
- Assists in development of Quality Management System and the
implementation of procedures that conform to the requirements of
- Leads, manages, and plans the daily quality control activities
performed by the project team.
- Audits technical and managerial processes to ensure
- Records and tracks non-compliance issues to resolution. Keeps
PM informed of any customer complaints and assists in immediate
corrective and preventive actions.
- Assists in training employees at all levels in QC techniques
and ensures quality processes are followed based on customer life
cycle management procedures.
- Provides an independent assessment of how the project's
processes are being implemented relative to the defined processes
and recommends methods to optimize the organization's
- Is responsible for all activities involving quality assurance
and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation,
performs root cause analysis.
- Develops and implements procedures and test plans for assuring
quality across a broad range of project functions, including
facilities operations and maintenance, roads and grounds, supply
and U-DO-IT services, plant operations, and more.
- Applies inspection methodologies to include 100% inspection,
random sampling inspections, periodic inspections, and submittal
- Prepares detailed, accurate reports of all QC inspections,
results, corrective actions, and recommended preventive actions.
Performs trend analyses, and monitors compliance to contract
- Utilizes effective technical narrative, graphs, charts,
spreadsheets, photographs, and other means to effectively convey
the QC results to Government and company end users.
- Serves as the project representative responsible for preparing
and approving audit schedules, assigning audit teams, distributing
the final internal audit report, maintaining audit records and the
coordination of audits conducted by corporate and/or third parties
- Serves as the project Lead Auditor responsible for the
management of an audit and the conduct of the audit team throughout
the audit process. The Lead Auditor has final authority for
determining conformance/nonconformance based on objective evidence
collected by the audit team.
- Maintains current version of Government contract surveillance
plans and provide for document control accountability of project
plans, business processes, procedures and work instructions.
- Responsible for conforming to all safe work practices and
- Ability to gain cooperation, coordinate the work of others, and
build a cohesive team.
- Ability to establish program objectives or performance goals
and assess progress.
- Ability to analyze organizational and operational problems and
develop timely and economical solutions.
- Experience in implementing a quality program for a Federal
contractor, preferably in the facilities operations and
maintenance, logistics or services industries.
- Ability to execute quality program objectives through
performance measures with pulse on progress to plan.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills to facilitate communicate
at all levels.
- Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Work skills.
- Must have background in work sampling, operations auditing and
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License and be able to
obtain a Government driver's license.
- Minimum Associate's degree in engineering, construction or
business discipline. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Five (5) years' hands on experience in one or more facilities
trades (HVAC, plumbing, electrical, plant operations, etc highly
- Minimum of five (5) years performing QC efforts in a RPMA
- Training in the application of ISO principles and/or experience
as Lead ISO Auditor is preferred and highly desirable.
- Active Secret clearance or ability to obtain a secret clearance
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description
generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by
individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a
complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining
agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify,
add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be
necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and
effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates
selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive
consideration for employment, without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age,
marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability,
pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing
reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental
disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and
are interested in applying for employment and need special
accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please
contact, Recruiting Services at or . Reasonable accommodation
requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only
for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance
to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to
inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government
regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or
call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or
mental disability and need assistance with the online
Keywords: ASO, San Bernardino , Quality Control Manager (Able to Obtain and Maintain a Secret Clearance), Professions , Barstow, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!