Quality & Food Safety Technologist
Company: Mars, Incorporated
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: September 13, 2018
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize theres more to being in business than just making a profit. Thats the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because its never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. Its about how you can grab everything thats within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. Its about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means well all be a little better off. Its that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the worlds best-loved brands: M&Ms--, SNICKERS--, TWIX--, MILKY WAY--, DOVE--, PEDIGREE--, ROYAL CANIN--, WHISKAS--, EXTRA--, ORBIT--, 5, SKITTLES--, UNCLE BENS--, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA--. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD-- Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl--, VCA-- and Pet Partners. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Mars Petcare is looking for a Quality and Food Safety Technologist in San Bernardino, California
Purpose of this Role
The Q&FS Technologist is responsible for ensuring all relevant Q&FS standards are implemented and continuously improved to assure quality and food safety at the local site, protecting the consumer and our brands.
- Manage the site based internal audit program to ensure all processes and procedures are managed in accordance to corporate Quality and Food Safety Standards, Business Unit QFS directives and FDA regulations.
- Back up for PRIMP incident owner
- Facilitate the corrective and preventative action programs in compliance to MARS QMP standards.
- Food Safety Representative for site HACCP Team
- Facilitate compliance to the Business Unit microbiology testing program including site data analysis, reporting and recommendations on site improvements and or escalations for non-compliances.
- Responsible associate for the sites hold management systems (SAP/ Nexus ) ensuring requirements and procedures including product disposition and destruction are in accordance with Mars Quality and Food Safety Standards and Business Unit directives
- Lead the food safety risk assessment process for all changes such CAB, New products/pack/process and or new regulations/ standard that impacts QFS. Document all approved changes as per Business Unit requirements
- Lead root cause analysis session for product related incidents (PRIMPS) and make recommendations to correct issues.
- Participate in FMEA and other lean six sigma tools for continuous quality improvement.
- Conduct statistical analysis on consumer complain trends and recommend actions for improvements
- Provide training on relevant food safety standards to supply associates.
- Lead the consumer and customer complaints investigations process ensuring follow up in appropriate timings and recommend actions to site QFS Mgr.
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
- Internal auditing, preferred lead auditor
- Knowledge of the Windows working environment including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong oral, listening, and written communication skills in order to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Food Science, engineering, biological sciences, chemistry, or equivalent Bachelors degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of petfood processing and packaging
- Ability and aptitude to work in an R&D, Manufacturing, and/or Distribution environment
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP's), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Systems (HACCP), ISO, Regulatory Guidelines, Sensory, and/or Microbiology
- 2+ year experience in a Quality, Food Safety, Regulatory Services, or Engineering area preferred. Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Keywords: Mars, Incorporated, San Bernardino , Quality & Food Safety Technologist, Other , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!