Teller (Part Time)
Company: Flagstar Bank
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Responsible for interacting with customers and providing
exceptional service by greeting them as they enter one of our
branches, and by processing financial transactions in an accurate,
efficient, and friendly manner while maintaining operational
standards. This position requires professional conversations with
customers to identify their needs for additional services and by
introducing them to a banker. Entry level branch position.
- Process Transactions/Customer Service. Greet customers and ask
questions to determine their needs. Process financial transactions
(cash and non-cash bank transactions, balance inquiries, cashier's
checks, money orders, cash advances with credit cards, etc.) in an
accurate and efficient manner in accordance with operational and
regulatory guidelines. Assist with customer questions and/or issues
relating to their accounts. The Teller position is one of the
primary transaction positions within a branch.
- Meet and exceed Teller referral expectations by acquiring and
maintaining knowledge of bank products and financial services.
Educate customers on bank products and financial services and make
referrals to a banker when a potential opportunity has been
identified. This may include participation in 'Call Nights'.
- Maintain operational standards including balancing cash drawers
at the end of each shift, processing CTR reports and transactions,
and opening and closing procedures of the branch. May also include
ATM and vault balancing. Acquire and maintain up-to-date knowledge
of applicable policies, procedures, guidelines and bank operating
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws
and regulations. Complete all required compliance training.
Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance
policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date
with changing regulations and policies.
- 6 months cash handling experience required
- 6 months customer service experience required
- 6 months successful sales experience where defined referral
goals and accountabilities were routinely met or exceeded
- Welcome and establish relationships by getting to know every
customer in order to provide an outstanding customer
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
- Educate clients on bank products and financial services and
make referrals when a potential opportunity has been
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to follow company policies, guidelines and
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality using tact and
- Maintain professional dress attire and demeanor
- Ability and willingness to work branch hours, including
weekends and some evenings
Keywords: Flagstar Bank, San Bernardino , Teller (Part Time), Other , Barstow, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...