Peer Support Specialist(TAY Transitional Age Youth Outreach)
Company: Unity Hope
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The TAY Peer Specialist Plans, coordinates, and supports TAY (18
to 26 years old) programming and outreach efforts for RPYA in order
to build a happy, healthy, and safe LGBTQIA youth and young adult
population in the Inland Empire.
*Responsibilities may include: *
* Plans, coordinates, and supports TAY (18 to 26 years old)
Outreach and Programming efforts for RPYA.
* Ensures proper community safety protocols are enforced during TAY
outreach and events.
* Coordinates Peer Support Specialists in providing support to TAY
in cooperation with the Director of Outreach, Events, and
* Coordinates programming or services for TAY with the Director of
Non-Clinical Behavioral Health Services.
* Must be available to work weekends and evenings.
* Be comfortable sharing and leading an informational space
supporting LGBTQIA individuals
* Be comfortable relaying on information from the CDC, FEMA,
California and county public health departments, especially as it
relates to COVID19 and vaccines.
* Education and/or Experience: Degree or certification in social
sciences, communications, project management, or related field from
an accredited college or university; *or at least 3 years related
experience and/or training*; *or equivalent combination of
education and experience in the related fields.*
* *Live experience with LGBTQIA communities, youth, and communities
* COVID-19 full vaccination and booster required
* Access to internet and ability to attend events or meetings
*Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities*
* Honesty, respect for diversity, high personal standards,
professional language, and behaviors reflecting such values.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the mental health system, and related
counseling and record-keeping methods.
* Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
* Ability to use standard business software including Gsuite,
Google Docs, Google Drive, etc.
* Ability to maintain confidential information, as related to the
* Knowledge of: general office methods, procedures and
* Possess a strong understanding of person-centered planning,
recovery, and wellness.
* Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends.
* Some experience with public speaking.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Ability to work independently as well as with a peer support team
to achieve optimal results for clients.
* Ability to represent Divine Truth Unity Fellowship effectively to
a variety of publics.
* Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and
* Excellent interpersonal skills, and telephone courtesy.
* Ability to relate positively and effectively with a diverse
faculty, staff and public.
* Ability to initiate and manage multiple projects
* Ability to use internet and online tools
* Experience working with the LGBTQIA community or lived experience
as an LGBTQIA individual
* ASL capabilities are a strong plus.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Temporary
Pay: $19.83 - $24.00 per hour
* Employee assistance program
* Health savings account
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* After school
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* San Bernardino, CA 92401: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Required)
* LGBTQIA+ Community: 2 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
* 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Unity Hope, San Bernardino , Peer Support Specialist(TAY Transitional Age Youth Outreach), Other , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!