Career Services Specialist - 50050 WCD Salary Allocation
Company: Goodwill Southern California
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands
of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and
services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino
counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and
the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been
transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years.
Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds
generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation
centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the
public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving
organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our
mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day
in SoCal! Primary Responsibility / Summary Assists a diverse pool
of program participants with their career planning and career
decision-making process, including intensive career counseling,
assessment,job search assistance and retention services. Advises on
labor market trends and guides participants related to
training/re-training needs.Goodwill Southern California greatly
values our employees' health and well-being. Per company Policy,
all our employees are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides intensive employment, comprehensive case management
and career planning services to a diverse population of program
participants who are enrolled in services. Maintains a rolling case
load per program requirements.
- Conducts assessment of participant employment and training
needs and creates individualized employment plans to guide
participation in program activities; makes referrals to training
services, as appropriate to the program and participant.
- Monitors and evaluates participant progress through
individualized employment plan; provides guidance and coaching to
help participants resolve issues and remain motivated to obtain and
maintain employment. Holds case conferences as needed.
- Maintains relationships with and makes appropriate referrals to
other service and training providers who can assist participant
with supportive services designed to mitigate barriers and enhance
- Prepares job seekers for employment, including resume
preparation, interviewing skills, and workplace etiquette.
- Conducts employment readiness workshops and provides one-on-one
coaching to enrolled job seekers.
- Provides job development assistance working collaboratively
with Community and Business Outreach Team to match participants to
appropriate jobs. Arranges for interviews.
- Supports participant in job retention as assigned. Assists with
reasonable accommodation process.
- Conducts real time data entry inputting necessary information
into automated case management system, maintains electronic and
hard copy confidential case files, documents participant progress,
prepares progress reports, case notes, and completes and retention
- Provides written and verbal progress and billing reports to
referring agencies, where required.
- Driving record must be acceptable by the company's insurance
vendor. Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides program leadership with ad hoc reports, as
- Provides coverage in resource area, as assigned; monitors
- Assists with facilitation of program events such as
recruitments and Business Advisory Council meetings. Supervisory
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Qualifications To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- At least 3 years of career counseling experience in a
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in
psychology, social work, education, or related field required.
- Master's degree in similar preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; possess abilities
to work with all levels of employees and diverse populations.
- Previous experience with WIA or DOR regulations, per program
- Experience providing case management services to people with
disabilities highly desired.
- Experience in staffing or human resources helpful.
- Strong counseling and coaching skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience in assessing work experience, educational
attainment, transferable skills, aptitudes, abilities, needs,
interests, readiness for employment, and barriers that hinder
- Bi-lingual fluency (e.g., English/ASL, English/Spanish, etc.)
and ability understand another culture as required by the program
or local community highly desired. Other Qualifications
- ADA knowledge required.
- Understands use of labor market information in career
- Team player.
- Strong multi-tasking ability.
- Possesses a valid driver's license and state-required auto
- This position may require some local travel.
- Shift flexibility and overtime when needed.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates
fully in carrying out its mission.
- Adheres to Goodwill's values of Respect, Integrity, Service, &
Excellence.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- GCDF preferredOther Educational Skills & Abilities
- Must have intermediate knowledge of computer programs in a
Windows environment, including Word, Excel and E-mail. English
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations.Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals.Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Computer Skills
- Database software
- Internet software
- Spreadsheet software
- Word Processing software
- Presentation software
- Case Management software Required Training
- New Hire Orientation
- Corporate Compliance
- Values and Diversity Training
- Conflict of Interest
- Safely Surrender Baby Law
- Mandated Reporter Status
- Data Systems
- ADA and Reasonable Accommodation
- GCDF Certification
- Safety Training
- Any other training required by law, funders, and the
organization. Values-Based Work Environment Notice Goodwill
Southern California provides a values-based work environment for
our employees.All individuals are expected to support and promote
- We treat everyone with respect, compassion and inclusion,
recognizing their contributions and differences.
- We conduct business with transparency, integrity and
- We serve, empower and advocate for our clients, community,
business partners and each other.
- We pursue a vision of excellence and continuous improvement to
better the lives of those we serve. The above description is not
intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the duties and
responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be
such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the
job. Employee Signature Printed NameDate Pre-Employment Testing
- Drug Screen
- Background Check
- Employment Verification
- Live Scan
- COVID vaccine verification
- Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal
opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd
like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under
the law, please click here: Goodwill gives preferential
consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with
disabilities are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity
for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will comply with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment
including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age
Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and
any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities In furtherance of
our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled
individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504
of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities
Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the
rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that
no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from
participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any
individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal
employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled
persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship,
including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion,
transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further
affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known
physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled
employee or applicant. It is the policy of Goodwill to provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities
who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need
assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability,
please notify the Human Resources Department. Employment
opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to
make reasonable accommodations for a disability. Other details
- Job Family :WCD
- Pay Type :Hourly
Keywords: Goodwill Southern California, San Bernardino , Career Services Specialist - 50050 WCD Salary Allocation, Other , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!