Mental Health Specialist (Bilingual)- Flexible Schedule!
Company: Victor Community Support Services
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the assigned
Supervisor, the Family Support Counselor has responsibility for
providing support services to individuals and families as
identified in the designated program and/or individualized plan.
Services apply to youth in 24-hour residential treatment and/or
consumer/clients in community based programs.Essential
- Provides individual and family support services in accordance
with the individualized plans.
- Able to effectively engage, develop relationships with
appropriate boundaries with assigned clients.
- Effectively manages a flexible community based schedule.
- Completes all required documentation according to Agency and
program standards within required time constraints.
- Is an active member of assigned treatment teams.
- Meets Agency service percentage standard reflecting expected
time spent with clients, if applicable.Minimum Required Education
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Sociology, or a
closely related behavioral science.
- Must be bilingual in English/Spanish.
- 2 years experience working with children, youth and families
- Must possess a valid California driver's license, personal
automobile insurance and clean driving record.
- Must be physically and mentally fit. Must be willing to
complete a Tuberculosis (TB) and drug screening test.
- Must be willing to complete a personal background investigation
conducted by the State of California.
- Must be flexible to work nights and weekends, may need to work
a split-shift, varying schedule according to operational
- Must be able to work in an office or outdoor environment
including standing, walking, and running, sitting for extended
periods of time, bending, twisting, reaching, balancing, occasional
carrying and lifting up to 25 pounds and up to 10 pounds
- Must be physically able to perform Pro-Act Restraint
Techniques, CPR and First Aid as trained.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in a vehicle
for traveling up to 100 miles driving distance.
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination.Job Type:
Full-timePay: $19.83 - $22.84 per hourBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to FridayApplication Question(s):
- How many years of experience do you have working with children,
youth and/or families?Education:
- Bachelor's (Required)Language:
- Spanish (Required)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Victor Community Support Services, San Bernardino , Mental Health Specialist (Bilingual)- Flexible Schedule!, Other , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!