Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 11, 2021
CGI is looking for an Operations Manager in Barstow, CA. The
Operations Manager will assure the delivery of services to the
program manager, in support of the government client. He will
oversee and manage a team of Inventory Specialists and facilitate
the automated inventory of assets in the client's account. He will
assist in the development and documentation of discrete business
processes and development of Standard Operating Procedures. The
Operations Manager will be responsible to communicate status
updates to management and the client. Candidate must be willing to
be hands on when needed.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Set day-to-day pace of service management operations for the
benefit of the government client.
- Manage the prioritization of efforts and tasks toward fulfillment
of service level objectives.
- Communicate service metrics and drive work to completion inside
- Absorb, channel and manage the expectations of the government
- Determine, effectively communicate and manage to completion daily
- Drive the completion of work, defined by the Program Manager and
- Ensure the effective and timely communication of roadblocks and
dependencies to the Program Manager.
- Communicate status to customers and management, and assist in
timely hierarchical escalations.
- Work with the CGI team onsite to identify process improvements
and turn them into software requirements to be relayed to the
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage and lead a large team to accomplish multiple
tasks in parallel.
- Proficiency in standard office automation software.
- Understanding and knowledge of USMC Logistics operations and
- Experience in understanding complex policies and translating into
business processes and procedures.
- Experience in communicating status to management and ranking
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and ability
to identify functional requirements that can be translated to
technical system requirements.
- Knowledge of the operation of client logistics automated
- Familiarity with the USMC Consolidated Storage Program.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran
status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression,
familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any
other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email
address is only to be used for those individuals who need an
accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or
those that do not include a requisition number will not be
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with
all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Operations Management
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., San Bernardino , Operations Manager, Other , Barstow, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!