General Manager I
Company: National Express Corporation
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: June 6, 2021
National Express LLC (NELLC) is the North American subsidiary of
National Express Group, PLC, one of the premier transportation
firms in the United Kingdom. We operate across 34 states and three
provinces. All organizations share a strong commitment to provide
the highest level of transportation safety, quality transportation,
outstanding customer service and positive employee relations.
National Express School (NEXS) operates more than 22,500 school
buses, serves more than 550 school districts in 31 states and three
provinces, and transports more than 1.3 million students on a daily
basis. National Express Transit (NEXT) operations transport more
than 22 million passengers annually with more than 2,800 vehicles.
National Express Shuttle (WeDriveU) serves more than nine million
corporate and university passengers annually. NELLC's corporate
headquarters, located in Lisle, Illinois, houses the administrative
and corporate support functions for the organization. Our 290 local
customer service centers (CSCs) are supported by regional
operations teams located throughout North America. Learn more at
- Delivers overall performance and results for the CSC.
- Collaborates with company leaders to understand overall
business goals and creates a CSC operating plan to support these
- Ensures the CSC is a "customer-centric" team that is focused on
building strong and effective partnerships
- Develops CSC plans and priorities to address resource and
operational challenges as guided by the Regional Manager and
company standard operating procedures and policies.
- Communicates company values, strategies and objectives in an
effort to share information and while encouraging feedback and
- Review budgets and develop the annual operating plan business
- Develop short and long-range business plans to increase
incremental business, revenues and margins.
- Directs, coaches and develops CSC staff including Operations
Supervisor, Dispatcher, Router, Office Administrator, Driver
Maintenance, Charter Coordinator and Safety Supervisor to obtain
the required skills and abilities to act independently in their job
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers,
government, community organizations, and employees while
demonstrating strong and ethical business practices.
- Creates a culture of safety while providing a high quality of
- Identifies key safety issues affecting the safety of passengers
and employees and takes corrective action to resolve these
- Meets regularly with school district administrators to review
service quality and performance.
- Enhances and builds on current customer relationships to ensure
- Works with Regional Vice President and Marketing & Sales
department in gathering data and assisting in the sales process in
pursuit of new business.
Company name is: Durham School Services
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management or
related field or 10-12 years of comparable experience; MBA
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience and P&L
- Proven ability to meet service delivery expectations including
customer and safety
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Bi-lingual abilities a plus
- Knowledge of risk assessment to resolve customer issues which
do not expose the Company to unnecessary risk.
- Knowledge of the companies, service promise, services,
capabilities, policies, procedures and practices to effectively
manage CSC personnel.
- Knowledge of customer service best practices to build strong
- Knowledge of contract administration principles and practices
to develop contractual agreements and/or Requests for Proposal
- Knowledge of leadership and management practices and
Durham School Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information please visit http://www.durhamschoolservices.com
Key Words: Student Transportation Manager, Manager of Student
Transportation, Transportation Manager, Transit Manager, Location
Manager, Contract Manager, Assistant Transportation Director,
Student Transportation Director, Transportation Director, Bus,
School Bus, Buses, Coaches, Student, Pupil, Passenger, Charter,
Transportation, Transit, Para transit, Special Needs
Transportation, Logistics, Operations, Transport, Route, CMF 88,
88M, 88N, 88Z
Company name is: Durham School Services
Keywords: National Express Corporation, San Bernardino , General Manager I, Other , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!