A Call Center Representative 1 is committed to providing the
highest level of service to Members, Team Members and the
community. It is the entry level position, providing service to
members over the phone while learning and mastering the foundation
of financial services.
This Job is Ideal for You If:
- You enjoy a behind-the scenes, fast-paced environment while
successfully balancing several tasks simultaneously.
- You have a smile that can be heard over the phone.
- You have a passion for providing service to others from your
- You are motivated by encouragement to think outside the box and
the ability to make a difference in people's lives.
- You believe being kind to others is the most important thing
you can do.
- You aren't afraid to strike up a conversation, build
relationships and freely express compassion and empathy.
- Integrity means everything to you - you are dependable,
considerate, and committed to always doing the right thing.
- You desire work/life balance while still enjoying continuous
learning and growth in your career.
What's In it for You?
- The opportunity to be of service not only to our Members, but
also to each other and to the community.
- Being with an organization dedicated to the professional
development and future goals of its Team Members.
- No aggressive sales - we are here to provide products and
services to our Members, not sell them something they don't
- Being recognized as a vital contributor to the success of one
of the fastest-growing credit unions in the state, rated as a
Forbes Top Ten Credit Union in California.
Complete job description:
Job Title: Call Center Representative 1 Department: Call
Supervisory Role: No FLSA: Non- Exempt
Supervisor's Title: Call Center Asst Mgr/Supervisor
Position Purpose and Objectives
The Call Center Representative 1 position provides for
significant member impact by ensuring excellent member service
while having built a thorough knowledge of financial services,
including: account management; all facets of account resolution;
and general loan assistance. May assist with new hire training.
Individuals interact with Members and the public in vast
occurrences with a major impact on the organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Uses excellent service standards incorporating methodology of
building rapport and interviewing thoroughly in every work-related
interaction with both external and internal Members.
- Uses positive and professional tone and displays empathy with
all callers and Team Members. Ensures that a smile can be heard on
- Assists Members accurately, thoroughly and as efficiently as
possible while maintaining consistent and friendly service.
- Gathers all pertinent information required in verifying the
callers' requests to move towards a resolution that supports
Arrowhead Credit Union's current policy or procedure.
Representative must complete this step before requesting
- Meets or exceeds all department and member service
- Identifies opportunities and refers the appropriate products
and services to Members. Meets or exceeds all department referral
- Assists Members with wide range of transactions, deposit holds,
card issues, and resolves general to complex Online Banking or
automated services inquiries and account inquiries.
- Provides general loan assistance, processes payments by
transfer, payments by phone through ACH or Debit Card processing
system; processes loan due date changes and payment
- Balances daily to Symitar.
- Assists Members with problems or disputes involving research
with reasonable supervisory assistance.
- Accurately completes check, ACH and bill payment Stop Payments,
fraud and non-fraud dispute claims. May assist with Stop Payment
- Communicates areas needed for process improvements and gives
consistent feedback to managerial staff concerning areas of gaps in
- Resolves account issues within authority such as releasing
account holds, card status resolutions and payment of rejected
- Acts as a member advocate, being ever-conscious of the value of
the Member and membership, using a flexible and open-minded
approach and gaining approval for any decisions outside of
- Continuously improves knowledge by using learning initiatives
through the organization's training and learning center.
- Maintains a working knowledge of BSA/AML laws/regulations
applicable to area of responsibility; complies with all BSA/AML and
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor as necessary to achieve
the goals of the Credit Union and the department.
Positions directly supervised: This position has no supervisory
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Competencies for this position
- Building Rapport.
- Conflict Resolution/Composure
- Critical Thinking.
- Effective Communication.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Multi-tasking in Fast Paced Environments.
- Service Focus.
- Sound Reasoning.
- Telephone Etiquette.
- Time Management.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or its equivalent;
and a minimum of one (1) year of experience in a customer service
role where a proactive service attitude is required.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this
Compliance: Ability to learn basic to complex banking functions
and successfully apply them while maintaining a proficient
knowledge of and compliance with all applicable rules and
regulations under BSA/AML and OFAC regulations. Ability to maintain
a proficient knowledge and compliance of all applicable rules and
regulations under BSA/AML and OFAC regulations. This includes, but
is not limited to: Bank Secrecy Act; SAFE Act; Anti Money
Laundering; Regulation CC; and Regulation Z.
Language Skills: Above-average ability to communicate concisely
and confidently using professional telephone or e-mail etiquette;
ability to understand written and oral language; ability to listen
to Members and probe for details to understand what may have
transpired on an account, verify the Member's perspective, and be
able to arrive at a resolution to assist the Member within our
guidelines. In addition, an individual must be able to work through
situations that are complex, and be able to communicate and resolve
issues for Members that may be upset or demanding, all while
remaining calm and friendly, and seeking supervisor assistance when
Mathematical Skills: Ability to demonstrate intermediate math
skills including: adding; subtracting; multiplying and dividing
using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to quickly develop a working
knowledge of banking practices; core financial operating systems;
Credit Union products and services; and loan policies and products.
Ability to make good judgements using sound reasoning and critical
thinking to resolve Member issues, and the ability to maintain
composure and courtesy with Members and Team Members alike.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to use office equipment such
as a phone, a headset, personal computer, and calculator. Must have
the ability to multi-task in a busy and demanding environment; be
flexible and adapt quickly to changing conditions. Must have the
ability to be bonded, be able to type proficiently and the ability
to be punctual and have regular attendance.
Certificates, licenses, etc. required for this position:
Work Environment: This position operates in a clerical office
setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, headsets, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax
EEO Statement: Arrowhead Credit Union is an equal opportunity
employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire,
promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit,
competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age,
national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any
other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. They are subject to change at any
time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the Team Member is
regularly required to do the following:
- Sit at a desk for long periods of time
- Intermittent standing, walking, bending, stooping, and neck
- Intermittent pushing, pulling and reaching above, at and below
- Repetitive motion - frequent keyboarding and mouse usage
requiring the fingers to make small movements and the use of hands
- Manual dexterity.
- Simple grasping by using fingers and palm on an object.
- Talking- Convey detailed or important instructions or ideas
accurately, loudly or quickly
- Carrying - transporting an object, usually by hand. The ability
to carry and lift files and coin up to 10 pounds.
- Travel to meetings and events may be required.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace. Those applicants requiring reasonable
accommodation to the application/interview process should notify
the Human Resources Department at (909) 379-6643.