Staff Accountant - Full Time
Company: Benchmark Hospitality
Location: Lake Arrowhead
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Benchmark's company culture is central to our management
philosophy. The company's stated purpose is "to provide an
entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create,
share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes
passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our
extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common
goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
The Staff Accountant will be to oversee the Accounting
department, in conjunction with the Controller, and maintain
accounting standards within established policies and
BASIC FUNCTION: Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK
- Experienced in accounting processes.
- Ability to accomplish necessary tasks on a computer.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
- College degree preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English
- Ensure proper forms of payment have been received according to
SOP for all upcoming groups.
- Ensure all deposits have been received according to the due
date on the deposit report.
- Ensure that all invoices go out with supporting backup for all
charges ( FIT's/banquet/catering)
- Audit all banquet, catering and miscellaneous charges that are
posted to master accounts for accuracy.
- Complete AR Recap every week.
- Attend all pre-con meetings for special billing
- Communicate with clients and guests to request and arrange
- Perform cashier functions including, cash collection, cash
recording and daily preparation of cash deposits.
- Review and enter invoices into accounting ledger software.
- Book accounting entries and maintain general ledger.
- Complete monthly assigned balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist Accounting Supervisor with bi-weekly payroll processing
and related functions.
- Assist Accounting Supervisor and DOF during month-end closing
- Assist with preparation of operational budgets and
- Directly assist Accounting Supervisor with day-to-day
- Assist in preparation of accurate and timely monthly financial
- Maintain schedules and backup for contracts, leases and other
legal and financial records.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to manage time and energies in an efficient, effective
and organized manner.
- Must work well with others, have a positive attitude, and a
- Excellent verbal and written skills are necessary to perform
administrative and clerical duties using proper rules of grammar,
spelling and punctuation.
- Computer literacy: Proficient in Microsoft Office, intermediate
Excel or ability to learn quickly.
- Experience with accounting software and POS/PMS systems.
Intacct and Workday knowledge are a plus.
- Ability to maintain strict adherence to confidentiality
- Ability to operate phones, calculator, computer equipment, fax
machines, copiers and printers.
- Job involves working under variable temperature conditions,
extreme heat or cold and noise levels. Work environment includes
administrative offices, indoors, outdoors and around fumes and/or
odor hazards, dust and/or mite hazards.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required
for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and
walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling,
crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to ten pounds and occasional
lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.
the essential job functions for this position.
Keywords: Benchmark Hospitality, San Bernardino , Staff Accountant - Full Time, Other , Lake Arrowhead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!