Mortgage Consultant V, Assistant Vice President, San Bernardino,
- Requisition # 10039173-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location San Bernardino, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 03/05/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial
group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that
matter most to our clients. We have our clients' best interest in
mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand
their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We're part of
180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world's most
trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting
people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join
Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results
Responsible for originating conventional residential real estate
loans for the Bank. Participate in related business development
activities. Mortgage Consultants maybe designated with the Bank
branch and will be required to assist in the origination of
conventional real estate loans for the supported branch.
- Solicit residential first mortgages through contacts with
realtors, builders and developers.
- Make sales calls to assigned Community Banking branches.
- Provide service to customers and prospects seeking residential
- Interview applicants to develop information concerning their
needs, desires and earnings to assist in determining whether the
loan will be an acceptable risk; obtain and analyze pertinent
financial and credit data.
- Follow up current loans to ensure conformity with terms.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of loans with mortgagors.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in the local real
estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations
pertaining to private insured mortgages.
- Call on potential or existing customers as assigned to develop
new business or retain existing business.
- Cross sell bank products.
- Answer inquiries regarding loan programs and rates.
- Provide sales and product training to Community Banking
branches as needed.
- Develop and implement a marketing territory to educate the
community regarding the Bank's CRA programs.
- Attend daily huddles; conduct weekly pipeline reviews.
- Private Mortgage Banker provide coaching to Private
- Work together on strategic plans to acquire new customers.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or G.E.D. and must
have excellent sales and customer relations.
- Additional skills preferred in support of Private Banking:
- Ability to communicate with high net-worth individuals and
- Ability to introduce Private Bank team members to self-sourced
clients and assist in expanding/deepening relationships.
- Understand advanced tax analysis and intricacies of
- Superior understanding of UB guidelines and how to apply them
in various situations.
- Be able to think outside the box and find unique solutions that
may apply to high net-worth clients. .
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and
skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds,
perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create
opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such
as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness
of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment
decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire
into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made.
Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have
been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain
This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration
Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants
for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage
originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the
federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing
under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines
that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be
required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act
background check and registration process. Failure to register
successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the
SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and
may result in your immediate termination.