Field Sales Representative, Northern CA
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Requisition Number: 43683
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials
science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its
unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical
physics to develop products that have created new industries and
transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a
unique combination of material and process innovation, and close
collaboration with customers to solve tough technology
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from
being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and
equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading
optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This
segment is classified into two main product groupings - carrier
network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group
consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based
communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and
voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists
primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to
businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Purpose of Position:
Maximize the sale of Corning Optical Communications (COC)
products within Northern California to grow the business and ensure
success of the company. Develop and execute a territory sales plan
focused on delivering network solutions that leverage Corning's
- Meet or exceed sales budgets for all telecommunications
- Operate within assigned selling expense and promotional item
- Through regular sales calls, generate preference for Corning
Optical Communications' products over that of competitors. Ensure a
balanced mix of sales call to end users, contractors, cable
assembly houses, distributors and consultants.
- Manage to maximum efficiency the NPI contractor program and
Consultant EAP Program in your territory.
- Coordinate sales calls with primary distributor representatives
to maximize sales penetration within assigned territory.
- Provide ongoing training to these distributors to assist them
in effectively selling Corning Optical Communications' product
- Provide timely call report summaries for all face-to-face
meetings & important phone conversations using an assigned CRM
- Maintain and keep current a territory Opportunity Board of all
projects valued above $25K in your territory. Submit monthly
reports and expense reports to the Regional Manager on time.
- Maintain proficiency in the use of the personal computer with
special emphasis on Salesforce.com, Excel, PowerPoint and
- B.S. or B.A. degree required
- Sales and/or Marketing experience preferred.
- Ability to work with others. (Northern California is a team
- Strong Solution Selling Capabilities
- Consultative Communication: Probes for information and shapes a
- Business Intellect: Understands customer pain points and the
overall P&L Statement.
- Mental Agility: Quickly adapts; can think and react on his/her
- Organizational Agility: Builds relationships and works
effectively within an organization.
- Collaboration: Shares vital information with key stakeholders
to gain commitment.
- Ability to use Salesforce.com to create and maintain a project
pipeline and forecasting.
- Internally motivated and results oriented.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to set up small and large education programs with a
focus on customer needs.
- Ability to target and prioritize key customers.
- Proven success in time/territory management.
- Leverages broad knowledge of our products, solutions and value
- Understands how Corning's solutions provide value to the
- Highly competitive with the ability to share success with team
members and Regional Manager.
- Excellent organizational skills with proven track record.
- Familiarity with telecommunications, fiber-optics, & selling
- Exceptional teaching, training and motivational skills with
proven track record.
- Valid driver's license.
- Travel required 50%.
- Must be able to work effectively in an unstructured environment
with minimum supervision from a home based office
- Territory Covered: Northern California - San Jose/San
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender,
age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Keywords: Corning, San Bernardino , Field Sales Representative, Northern CA, Other , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!