Company: SAC Health System
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position: Referral Coordinator
Schedule: Monday- Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm.
SAC Health System is dedicated to reflect the healing
ministry & love of Jesus Christ through healthcare, education &
partnerships that empower our communities to flourish
SACHS Core Values:
Quality Healthcare providing patient-centered,
culturally-sensitive, equitable care that is safe, timely,
effective, efficient, while seeking to prevent illness &
Teamwork working together to achieve a common
goal, with a willingness to serve each other in a Christ-like
Wholeness ministering to the spiritual, physical,
mental & emotional needs of others
Integrity living & working in an authentic, honest
way that inspires trust
Compassion engaging with the needs & suffering of
others, out of concern for their well-being
Excellence striving to exceed expectations for our
patients, community, & staff
Humble Service caring with a kind & selfless
Respect holding others in high regard by
Requirements for Success in Your Role:
Understands the referral/authorization process for
multiple payer sources. Offers guidance to providers on the
ordering of referrals as needed. Processes and ensures completion
of referral orders to specialists. Works under the supervision of
the Referrals Supervisor to ensure accurate and timely review and
processing of authorizations. Requires exceptional accuracy,
organization, communication and office, and interpersonal skills.
Performs other duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DELIVERABLES:
- Processes incoming referral requests daily.
- Reviews referral orders for accuracy of codes and supporting
- Receives, processes and verifies accuracy of
- Receives and processes specialty notes to primary care
physician to facilitate on-going authorizations for continued
- Serves as liaison and authorization resource to clinic staff,
outside medical groups and patients.
- Knowledgeable and familiar with insurance policies, referral,
and authorization processes. Works with insurance companies /
managed care groups to ensure pre-visit information is sent to
patients as needed.
- Utilizes exceptional customer service skills in performing
duties and assists with problematic referral and authorization
process. Ability to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Recommends improvements to department processes as
- Contacts insurance company(s) to verify patient eligibility and
- Contacts patients as needed to update demographics. Informs
patients/guarantors of their financial responsibility for scheduled
- Informs patients and/or clinic the staff of any insurance
problems affecting future services.
- Develops and maintains professional working relationships with
outside providers, vendors and insurance groups involved in the
referral process. Ability to work cohesively with all other SACHS
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date tracking system for
referrals and authorizations.
- Maintains current referral forms and insurance resource
- Monitors and reports productivity statistics data to supervisor
on a weekly basis.
- Performs general clerical duties including, but not limited to,
typing, filing, answering the telephone, monitoring incoming
faxes/mail and assisting patients/providers at a service window or
patient exam room.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists supervisor with special projects, as requested
- Must be able to adhere to the Attendance policy and
- Ability to collaborate, teach, support and function in a
teaching organization that builds, coaches and embraces interns and
residency programs. Must demonstrate a passion for the team and
have the ability to consistently work with rotating doctors,
residents and interns, while continuously building a trusting,
safe, patient-centered workplace.
- Demonstrate the ability to be culturally sensitive and respect
diversity, work effectively and with individuals of different
cultures and socioeconomic status; Passion for service.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of customer service, or Referral experience in the
- Medical terminology required
- As a requirement of this position, you must receive
EPIC certification for the module you have been hired
- FQHC outpatient clinic
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Must be able to work in the U.S. legally. We are unable to
sponsor H1B Visa's.
Full Benefits Package:
- Vacation and Sick Leave Plans
- Medical / Dental / Vision packages
- !! Monthly Premium Rates among the lowest in the
- Retirement Account with up to 8% employer
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Fitness Facility access
- 8 Paid Holidays
- 1 Paid Birthday Holiday
SAC Health System complies with applicable Federal and
State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual
orientation or gender identity.
Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: SAC Health System, San Bernardino , Referral Coordinator, Other , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!