Field-based Technician role fulfills all aspects regarding
installation and service of dental equipment in the practitioner's
office with the focus on "excellence" in customer service.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provides responsible repair and installation services to our
customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provides and maintains the necessary tools of the trade and
have readily available to perform installation and repair
- Maintains and manages proper levels of inventory in van.
- Attends all required training
- Complies with all OSHA regulations as outlined in the OSHA
manual and training.
- Maintains and utilizes personal protective equipment when
- Communicates in a timely manner to all necessary inside
personnel and dispatchers
- Educates customers on proper care and maintenance and advises
on troubleshooting procedures.
- Completes all work orders in a timely manner and submits all
job related paperwork within the required timeframes.
- Complies with all terms of the Fleet Management Policy
including maintenance and accident management policies.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed
above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of
work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related
tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies
and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives
regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties
This position requires the delivery, installation and repair of
equipment involving customers. Technicians will be expected to
maneuver large equipment as needed. The physical nature of this
position, at times, may require substantial an/or repetitive
bending, stooping and lifting.
- Ideal Candidates demonstrate a minimum of three years'
experience as a customer-facing Field Technician. Previous dental
experience preferred but not required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
The successful candidate will possess a high school diploma, or
equivalent and demonstrates experience as a customer-facing field
Ideal candidate will be proficient with hydraulics,
electro-mechanical and pneumatic systems, as-well-as diagnostics
and troubleshooting to component level.
Advanced candidates have a working knowledge of Xray, (including
3d/cone beam/CAT), digital diagnostic equipment, PLCs, digital
laboratory equipment and possess general proficiency and desire to
work with computers and office - based software systems.
- Strong customer interpersonal skills.
- High School Diploma, Associates Degree or Technical School
Certification is desirable.
- Must be able to comply with company uniform and dress policy
and must be able complete all work related tasks utilizing company
- Valid driver's license required.
Henry Schein, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, protected veteran status or disability.