Career Services Coordinator - Waterman SB
Company: Goodwill Southern California
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of
individuals into sustainable employment through programs and
services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino
counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and
the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been
transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years.
Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds
generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation
centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the
public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving
organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our
mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day
Primary Responsibility / Summary
Responsible for overall operations of the site, serves as primary
liaison with referring and partner agencies. Responsible for
ensuring that the program meets program guidelines and outcome
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensures that assigned program meets and/or exceeds expectations
for referrals, drawing upon internal and external stakeholders.
2. Participates in the preliminary negotiation and execution of
Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs).
3. Serves as primary liaison for referring agencies and
4. Conducts intake interview for referred participants to assess
readiness for employment, appropriateness for services, and
benefits from services.
5. Provides limited intensive services to a diverse population of
program participants who are enrolled in services. Maintains a
rolling caseload of a differing size, depending on needs.
6. Ensures program is maintained and operated according the highest
standards of service.
7. Ensures expeditious & accurate data entry and reporting.
8. Ensures revenues and expenditures are within budgetary
9. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; developing,
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and
10. This position requires some local travel (about 25%) a valid CA
driver's license and state-required auto insurance are necessary.
Driving records must be acceptable by company's insurance
11. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• This job supervises 3-7 staff, including Career Service
Specialists, Business Service Representatives, and Employment
Education & Experience
• 5 years of social services experience within which includes min 2
years of managerial experience.
• Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in social work, psychology,
education, or a related field from four-year college or university
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with abilities
to work with all levels of employees and diverse populations.
• Experience serving people with disabilities. Knowledge of ADA
• A multi-tasker and organizer with abilities to motivate the
• Spanish / English bilingual preferred.
• Ability to handle confidential information.
• Punctual and dependable attendance.
• Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
• Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates
fully in carrying out its mission.
• Adheres to Goodwill's values of Respect, Integrity, Service, &
Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer and will provide
reasonable accommodations for job duties in accordance with Federal
and State Law
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity
employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more
information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law,
please click here:
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers
to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity
for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will comply with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment
including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age
Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and
any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against
qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the
provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the
Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly
issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled
persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity
administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits
to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of
his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be
extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the
employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring,
upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff,
recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations
for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or
applicants for employment. If you need assistance for
accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify
the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not
be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable
accommodations for a disability.
Other details Job Family WCD Pay Type Salary Apply Now
Keywords: Goodwill Southern California, San Bernardino , Career Services Coordinator - Waterman SB, Other , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!