Operating Systems Analyst (Career Skill Level)/Information Security &
Company: California State University, San Bernardino
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Employment Status: Full-Time, temporary appointment with the possibility to become permanent. Work Schedule: To Be DeterminedFirst Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Under the general supervision of the Director of Information Security and Emerging Technologies, the incumbent will be responsible for providing technical support in information security and identity services. Example of possible duties include:
- Provide guidance to university information technology initiatives in the areas of information security and identity services
- Escalate and handle events indicative of system compromise, improper information exposure, or security misconfiguration
- Tracking and resolving issues associated with access to university systems and identity resolution issues
- Configure and operate assessment tools, hand-confirm positive alerts, and deliver reports to appropriate management
- Interpret syslogs from various services, systems and network devices
- Query and interpret network flow records
- Assist in development and implementation of information security and identity management standards
- Create and follow information security and identity management standards and procedures
- Correlate information to produce reports, graphs, and metrics
- Coordinate and maintain systems and procedures to provide business continuity services and support disaster recovery,
- Develop and maintain code and processes for monitoring the various systems under the responsibility of the information security and identity management department.
- Must be self-driven to learn new applications and emerging technologies.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with a diverse community of varying technical expertise.
- Must possess bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or similar. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Must be proficient in at least one systems automation language, such as (but not limited to) Python, Perl, Java, and/or PowerShell. Open-source contribution is desirable.
- Must be able to follow and assist in creating standards and procedures related to information technology frameworks.
- Professional certifications or vendor certifications in information security and identity management are preferred.
- Experience with centralized logging protocols and analysis tools, eg Syslog, ElasticSearch/Logstash/Kibana, Splunk, and LogRhythm.
- Ability to manipulate common network protocols, such as HTTP, SMTP and DNS using tools such as NetCat, cURL, Dig, OpenSSL, OpenLDAP, Selenium, Web Scarab, Nmap Scripting Engine, Net:Socket, etc. is preferred.
- Ability to collect and interpret raw network data using tools such as Snort, Suricata, Bro, Metaflows, tcpdump, Wireshark, NetWitness, etc. is preferred.
- Systems administration in Linux preferred. Experience with multiple Linux distributions desirable.
- Familiarity with OWASP is desirable.
- Familiarity with proxies, reverse-proxies, and load balancers desirable.
- Applicants must have knowledge and experience with relational databases.
- Applicants must be familiar with the X.500 standard, including LDAP. Incumbent must be familiar with Active Directory structures and practices.
- Applicants must be able to follow and assist in creating standards and procedures related to identity protocols and standards such as SAML, and be familiar with solutions that provide federated authentication services such as CAS, Shibboleth, ADFS, OpenAuth, including the integration of multi-factor authentication solutions.
- Experience with source control system tools, git is preferred. A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status. This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Keywords: California State University, San Bernardino, San Bernardino , Operating Systems Analyst (Career Skill Level)/Information Security &, IT / Software / Systems , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!