Company: San Bernardino Community College
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: September 12, 2023
Salary: $50.02 - $62.64 Hourly
Location : District Office 550 E. Hospitality Lane Suite 200 San
Job Type: Classified - Full-Time
Job Number: 2324-01250
Department: Computing Services
Opening Date: 08/15/2023
Closing Date: 9/15/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
HR Recruiter: Gustavo Chavez - email@example.com
Work Days/Year: 260
Mission Statement: SBCCD positively impacts the lives and careers
of our students, the well-being of their families, and the
prosperity of our community through excellence in educational and
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of
the range of duties performed by employees in the class.
Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed
within the job; however, any additional duties will be reasonably
related to this class.
Provides analysis, design, and support of complex systems; performs
programming functions and develops complex programming criteria;
works closely with users in assigned area to provide highly complex
technical expertise. Incumbents are expected to be experts in
sophisticated systems analysis techniques including quantitative
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives limited direction from appropriate supervisor; refers only
unusual decisions to supervisor. May provide technical and
functional direction to assigned student workers. Coordinates,
oversees, and provides lead support for assigned staff.
The following duties are typical for this classification.
- Supports assigned area by investigating and analyzing problems;
develops complex technical solutions that include the design,
development, coding, testing, and ongoing support of programs to
serve a variety of data management purposes.
- Consults with District and college administrators regarding new
computer applications or revisions of existing applications;
installs and upgrades new application software.
- Researches and evaluates information and procedures; performs
feasibility studies and determines cost of applications.
- Prepares data to meet mandated reporting requirements;
documents procedures used; analyzes errors and makes programming
- Designs and modifies systems; defines input/output data
relationships and operations.
- Develops specifications for writing new programs.
- Develops initial computer operation procedures for new or
revised computer applications.
- Documents and debugs new or modified systems.
- Queries database to assist users and provide requested
- Analyzes and corrects problems with programs written by vendors
or other programmers; contacts vendors for support as needed;
- Supports telephone registration system, making script changes
and voice recordings as needed.
- Plans for implementation of new systems.
- Stays current on relevant technology changes.
- Performs other duties related to the primary job duties.
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability
required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period
of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
- Performs operations involving counting, adding, subtracting,
multiplication and division
- Follow multi-step computational procedures and apply
- Apply basic algebraic or geometric reasoning and problem
- Recognize approaches and algorithms for finding real world
- Computes and interprets descriptive statistics** Critical
- Analytically and logically evaluates information to resolve
- Follow guide, SOP or other step by step procedures for locating
the source of a problem and fixing it
- May detect ambiguous, incomplete, or conflicting information or
instructions** Attention to Detail
- Focusing on the details of work content
- Shows care and thoroughness in adhering to process and
procedures that assure quality
- Applies knowledge and skill in recognizing and evaluating
details of work**
- Applies skilled final touches on products Analyzing and
- Apply sorting, coding and categorizing rules
- Analyze data
- Read reports
- Draw meaning and conclusions from quantitative and/or
qualitative data Professional Integrity and Ethics
- Follows a clear-cut set of rules
- Understands practical necessity of rules and ethical
- Shows consistency in behavior and judgement over a long term
and varied situations Legal and Regulatory Navigation
- Understanding, interpreting, and ensuring compliance with laws
- Locates, understands, or provides factual regulator
- Works within the bounds and limits of what is permissible Using
- Working with electronic hardware and software applications
- Using basic features and functions of software and
- Experiments and finds novel uses for standard features and
- Adds, improves, modifies, or develops features and
- Responding positively to change and modifying behavior as the
- Accept and adjust to changes and the unfamiliar Innovation
- Imagining and devising new and better ways of doing
- Fix what is broken; find solutions and fixes with resources at
- Finds new approaches to performing familiar tasks
- Create and invent new ideas; envision the unexpected,
unexplored, untried** Listening
- Comprehend and verbal instructions and orally presented
- Recalls or retrieves key points in a conversation
- Listen actively by rephrasing others' input cogently and
accurately** Professional and Technical Expertise
- Applying technical subject matter to the job **
- Knows the rudimentary concepts of performing the essential
- Possess recognized expertise outside of the organization**
- Follows through on instructions and assignments
- Self-directed and self- monitored in commitments and
- Redefines or reprioritizes activities within scope of
responsibility Valuing Diversity
- Shows acceptance of individual differences
- Welcomes input and inclusion of others who may be different
- Shows understanding and empathy for the challenges of groups
seeking inclusion or dealing with perceived discrimination **Lead,
Advanced or Senior Level Positions
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with
major course work in business information science, computer
science, or a related field.
Five (5) years of experience involving programming, program
testing, implementation, systems analysis and design.
Experience in the development and support of multiple projects that
involves systems analysis, design, implementation, testing,
documentation, and training skills.
In the absence of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university with major course work in business information science,
computer science, or a related field, an Associate's degree from an
accredited college or university with major course work in business
information science, computer science, or a related field and seven
(7) years of experience involving programming, program testing,
implementation, systems analysis and design.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and
mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for
prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel,
crouch, reach, and twist; to occasionally lift, carry, push, and/or
pull light to moderate amounts of weight up to 25 pounds; to
operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and
fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to
verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction;
vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents;
and to operate assigned equipment.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without
The person selected for hire will be required to complete the
following pre-employment requirements:
- Submit to and successfully pass DOJ live scan/fingerprinting.
Cost of live-scan services to be borne by candidate.
- Sealed official transcript(s) in envelope from institution or
electronic copies emailed directly from institution (for positions
with higher education requirement)
- Tuberculosis (TB) risk assessment
- Other pre-employment requirements may be required depending on
the position (i.e. certifications or licenses; see job posting
qualifications section for details).
Successful completion of all pre-employment requirements is
mandatory to be eligible for employment. These requirements are in
accordance with the San Bernardino Community College District's
You have medical, dental and vision plans from which to choose
coverage. You may cover yourself, spouse or domestic partner and
eligible children. Coverage is effective on the first of the
calendar month following your date of hire.
Medical Benefits - You may choose between five medical plans:
- Anthem Blue Cross Select HMO (offered at no cost)
- Anthem Blue Cross California Care HMO
- Anthem Blue Cross PPO
- Kaiser Permanente $10 HMO
- Kaiser Permanente $30 HMO Dental Benefits - You may choose
between two dental plans:
- DeltaCare USA HMO (offered at no cost)
- Delta Dental PPO. Vision Benefits - Vision coverage is provided
through EyeMed (offered at no cost)
CASH IN LIEU BENEFIT
The district offers a taxable $250 monthly stipend to a benefits
eligible employee who waives medical coverage under SBCCD's group
plan because that employee has other group coverage (e.g., a
spouse's plan, parents' plan, or other employer's plan).
Term Life and Accidental, Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Insurance - The district provides a $50,000 basic term life
insurance policy and $50,000 of basic accidental death and
dismemberment (AD&D) policy. The district pays the full cost of
this coverage. Coverage is automatic and effective on the first of
the month after your date of hire. Employees are also provided
opportunity to enroll in optional term life and AD&D policies
for themselves as well as spouse/domestic partner and children.
VOLUNTARY BENEFIT PLANS
The district partners with American Fidelity to administer the
district's voluntary benefit plans which include:
- Disability insurance
- Cancer insurance
- Accident insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
PRE-TAX RETIREMENT SAVINGS PLAN - As a district employee, you have
two voluntary retirement savings plans available to you, which
allow you to invest pre-tax dollars to supplement your CalPERS
Retirement Plan benefit. They are a 403(b) plan or 457(b) plan.
You may participate in one or both of the plans. Each is governed
by a different section of the IRS Code resulting in different rules
and provisions. SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union is the districts
third party administrators for all retirement savings plans.
CalPERS Retirement Plan - The California Public Employees
Retirement System (CalPERS) is a defined benefit retirement plan
that provides lifetime benefits based on members' years of service,
age, and final compensation. Full-time employees in non-academic
positions appointed for at least six months, or part-time employees
working at least 50% and appointed for at least one year, are
automatically enrolled in the CalPERS retirement plan. Depending on
hire and/or membership date, employees are placed in one of two
membership categories: Classic or PEPRA. For more information on
Classic Membership Retirement Formula Employee Contribution %
CalPERS member prior to 1/1/13 2% at age 55 7% of base bay
CalPERS member on or after 1/1/13 2% at age 62 7% of base pay
CalSTRS Retirement Plan - The California State Teachers Retirement
System (CalSTRS) is a defined benefit retirement plan that provides
lifetime benefits based on a member's years of service, age and
final compensation. Full-time employees appointed to academic
positions are automatically enrolled in the CalSTRS retirement
plan. Depending on hire and/or membership date, employees are
placed in one of two membership categories.
Retirement Formula Employee Contribution %
CalSTRS member prior to 1/1/13 2% at age 60 10.25% of base bay
CalSTRS member on or after 1/1/13 2% at age 62 10.205% of base
Keywords: San Bernardino Community College, San Bernardino , Senior Programmer/Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!