Assistant Store Manager, CA
Company: Dunn-Edwards Corporation
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: September 20, 2022
There are many paint brands in North America, but only one is
the best choice. Dunn-Edwards Paints prides itself on
superior-performing products; first-class service from
hard-working, knowledgeable employees; and our continued commitment
to caring for our shared environment through our Greener by Design
Landmarks across the Southwest are beautified and protected by one
brand: Dunn-Edwards. Why? Because it's the best paint around. With
more than 140 stores, Dunn-Edwards is the region's foremost
manufacturer and supplier of exceptional-performing architectural
and industrial coatings. We provide a complete line of paints,
painting supplies and equipment for professional and
Headquartered in Los Angeles for more than 90 years, Dunn-Edwards
grew from a small, family business yet - despite our decades-long
growth - we have maintained much of that close-knit feeling. Simply
put, we make the highest-quality products, provide industry-leading
services, and have the best employees in the industry.
- True team atmosphere: You get to work with multiple departments
that have a common goal - being the #1 choice for all who paint.
Respect, friendliness, professionalism and fun are the hallmarks of
our company culture.
- Control your own destiny: We love seeing our people develop and
advance in their careers. If you take great pride in your work,
challenge yourself to continuously grow and want the opportunity to
advance based on your performance and leadership, this might be
just the place for you.
- World-class benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with
company match, tuition assistance program and more.
- Dunn-Edwards is a steward of our environment: Our mission has
always been to provide the best-performing paint, in an
environmentally friendly manner to protect the health and
well-being of our customers, as well as the planet. We were a
disciplined leader in the concept of green product manufacturing
long before it became popular.
From our ingredients, to labeling, to our LEED Gold-certified paint
manufacturing facility, we strive to build and expand our green
legacy, providing you a wide range of eco-efficient products.
Looking for a great place to join and work alongside great people?
If so, come for the challenge and stay for the growth at
DUNN-EDWARDS: THE BEST JOB IN RETAIL! HERE'S WHY:
- Career opportunities: At Dunn-Edwards, we believe in promoting
from within and invest in your training and development. We have
multiple avenues available that employees can travel as they grow
their career: store operations, field sales and corporate support
- We love our environment: We have the only LEED certified paint
manufacturing facility in the World! Don't know what LEED means?
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design - in a nutshell, it
is one of the most well-respected green building certification
programs used worldwide.
- Work-life balance: Our stores close at 5:00pm Monday - Friday
and are closed most major Holidays. Due to our business model, we
have some of the most desirable hours in retail.
General Purpose of Job:
Under the general direction of the Store Manager, the Assistant
Manager supervises, coaches, and directs Store Team Members to
ensure proper and efficient store operation, and excellent customer
service. Must be available to work opening or closing shift - any
day of the week. Great opportunity for advancement.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assigns job duties to team members and directs their
- Is responsible for training store team members on all duties
and excellent customer service
- Is responsible for ranking team member's performance
- Is responsible for administering store safety program
- Is responsible for managing the store PT recruiting
- Reports procedure or policy violations to Store Manager and
takes appropriate corrective measures
- Maintains professional store appearance, including product
- Handles customer complaints
- Meets weekly with management team to discuss and address
- Performs banking operations
- Maintains standard of dress and appearance conducive to
projecting a positive company image
- Is capable of performing all job classifications under his/her
There are subordinate supervisors reporting to this job. Positions
supervised by the Assistant Store Manager may include; Counter
Sales, Equipment Repair, Tint Room, Wallcovering, and Warehouse
(Shipping and Receiving).
Communication and Language Requirements:
- For safety reasons, ability to read, write, and communicate in
English is required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional
- Must have ability to produce reports, effectively present
and respond to questions from individuals and groups
- Bilingual is a plus
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- The ideal candidate will have 2 or more years of experience
dealing directly with customers in a sales and service
- Recent paint store/construction-related retail management
experience is a plus
Dunn-Edwards is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Dunn-Edwards Corporation, San Bernardino , Assistant Store Manager, CA, Hospitality & Tourism , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!