Nurse Practitioner Radiation Oncology (Physician Assistant #)
Company: Palm Health Resources
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: July 8, 2019
SUMMARY: We are hiring a Nurse Practitioner for Radiation Oncology
Specialization! We are looking for a good attitude, self-motivated
and willing to learn! We will cross train nurse practitioners from
other specialties in Radiation Oncology! New Grads Welcome!!! Must
have CA License! Provides direct care to cancer patients and
support to a multidisciplinary health team working within the scope
of the Certified Nurse Practitioner license and hospital
privileges. Responsibilities will include logistical coordination,
managing acute patient issues during radiation treatments, and
evaluating patients in long-term follow-up. Demonstrates commitment
to system values through customer focus and dedication to process
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance
policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or
concerns and report suspected violations.
- Uses the medical model to manage patient care.
- Assesses the health status of patients by obtaining an
appropriate patient history, performing an appropriate physical
examination based on age and history, and performing or ordering
appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Makes accurate diagnoses by using critical thinking in the
diagnostic process, synthesizing and analyzing the collected data,
and formulating a differential diagnosis.
- Develops an effective treatment plan to maximize health
benefits to the patient by selecting appropriate pharmacologic and
non-pharmacologic interventions, developing a patient education
plan and providing patient teaching, and using appropriate
consultation or referral to other health care providers.
- Evaluates patient status on treatment and in follow up and
modifies the treatment plan based on reassessment when expected
outcomes are not met.
- Provides all services within the providers scope of service and
the Nursing Practice Act, and appropriately consults with clinic
- Documents all patient care provided pursuant to hospital and
- Participates in hospital and clinic quality improvement and
quality assurance activities as requested or required. Participates
in provider and support-staff meetings, including tumor boards, as
- Demonstrates efficient use of hospital and clinic resources to
meet budget goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Pre and Post-procedure evaluations, counseling and education,
management of pathological findings, and consultations to other
services as warranted.
- Required: Completion of Nurse Practitioner program
- Preferred: ONS/ONCC Radiation Therapy Certificate, OCN
Certificate, or similar credential
- Required: California licensure as a nurse practitioner.
California Nurse Practitioner Furnisher number, American Heart
- Referred: Three years of experience providing outpatient care
- Comprehensive Benefits, Relocation Assistance, CME'S, 401K
Matching, Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance!
- Salary: $105,000.00 to $157,000.00 /year Keyphrases: oncology
jobs, oncologist jobs, radiation oncologist jobs, oncology nurse
jobs, hematology oncology jobs, pediatric oncologist jobs, oncology
hematology jobs, pediatric oncology jobs, radiation oncology jobs,
gynecological oncology jobs, gynecology oncologist jobs, clinical
oncology jobs, clinical oncologist jobs
Keywords: Palm Health Resources, San Bernardino , Nurse Practitioner Radiation Oncology (Physician Assistant #), Healthcare , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!