Peritoneal Dialysis Registered Nurse
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: September 9, 2023
4041 North University Parkway, San Bernardino, California,
92407, United States of AmericaWe are looking for a self-motivated,
organized individual who is passionate about patient care and
excited for the opportunity to independently manage their cases
with confidence and accountability. As a Peritoneal Dialysis
Registered Nurse (PD RN), you will be providing education on
peritoneal dialysis to your patients and their care partners in a
clinical setting, which then allows them to dialyze from home.You
have responsibility over the complete ongoing care of each patient
to ensure their treatment stays on track. Dialysis Experience is
NOT required. Nephrology nursing provides a fresh lens and set of
skills to those newly entering the field.What you can expect:
- Provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting.
- Apply your "core" nursing skills to assess, diagnose and
implement complete care plans as you look at the whole patient. As
a case manager, you will also track and organize your patients.
With the pride of ownership comes the joy of witnessing how your
care impacts patients' lives.
- Empower your patients by teaching them to administer their own
dialysis and to take their health back into their own hands.
- Training patients takes time and mental energy and the rewards
of that investment come in seeing the transformation of your
patients from feeling sick and afraid, to strong, independent, and
able to do the daily things that they love. Educating patients on
their options when it comes to dialysis not only helps them own
their journey, but also expands the program to people who will
benefit greatly from PD.
- Home RN partners to provide ongoing dialysis treatment
education activities supporting the healthy growth of the home
program. This includes educating new in-center hemodialysis
patients in the clinics.
- Lead, coach and guide with your nursing skills.
- You will work independently, while also building deep
relationships with patients, support systems and care
- Typically, an 8-hour day, Monday through Friday with weekends
and holidays off!
- Flexibility as you manage your own cases and as a result, own
your own schedule.
- Scheduled home visits and on-call shifts vary by program and
are compensated accordingly.What we'll provide:
- Clear and competitive career growth for a lifetime nursing
- If you are new to dialysis, we'll provide a 9-12 week
paid-training and the support to guide you through to becoming a
- Annual $3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000
scholarship opportunity. CNN, CDN, and CPDN certification
reimbursement. 100+ CEU courses at no-cost.
- Comprehensive benefits package: including medical, dental,
vision, 401k match, family resources, pet insurance, mental health
resources, back-up child and elder care and so much more.
- Our culture is filled with compassion, care and the desire to
help our patients, our teammates and their families live their best
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of
- Minimum of 12 months of RN experience
- Current driver's license, reliable transportation, and vehicle
insurance in state of residence
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of
nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N);
three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be
substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and OutlookYou
might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
- Previous Chronic Hemodialysis, Acute Dialysis, Home
Hemodialysis (HHD) or Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) nursing
- Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background
- Previous case management experience
- Familiarity with, or excitement to learn about telehealth
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse
(CDN), Certified Peritoneal Dialysis Nurse (CPDN)Ready to make a
difference in the lives of patients? Take the first step at Nurses:
if this isn't the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would
be a perfect fit. Send them this job link.4021 Stirrup Creek Drive
Suite , Durham, North Carolina United States of AmericaDaVita is an
equal opportunity employer - Vet and Disability.APPLY NOW At
DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We
want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I
belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything
we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are
proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative
action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired,
assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin,
religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected
characteristic. Salary/ Wage Range$39 - $54 / hourCompensation for
the role will depend on a number of factors, including a
candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and
may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive
total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare
coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at
Keywords: DAVITA, San Bernardino , Peritoneal Dialysis Registered Nurse, Healthcare , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!