Lead Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
Company: DispatchHealth Management
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: September 24, 2022
How You'll Make an Impact:DispatchHealth is looking for a Lead
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (Advanced Practice Provider
or APP) to join our growing clinical team in Riverside, CA.
The Lead APP at DispatchHealth promotes the DisptachWay by
providing clinical leadership to the APPs. Through interviewing,
hiring, training and ongoing performance management, the Lead APP
will drive safe, high-quality care resulting in improved patient
outcomes. The Lead APP will work collaboratively with the Market
Manager (MM) and the Regional Medical Director and cross
functionally with Central Services teams, to enhance the patient,
provider and partner experience.
This position is a combined role including patient facing clinical
shift and administrative duties. Proportion of clinical and
administrative time commitment predicated on several factors,
including size (number of cars) of market, number of offices etc.
The performance of clinical services during scheduled shifts as an
APP is an essential requirement for the Lead APP's duties in their
assigned market. Specifics for assigned area will be discussed
during the interview process.
Relocation of up to $10,000 is available for qualified new
hires!What You'll Do:Recruitment/Hiring
- Build a highly functional and engaged clinical team of APPs by
working with Central Services/Talent Acquisition to interview/hire
- Ensure clinical readiness to practice during the interview
process, arrange MATs (medical assessment tool) as needed, and
complete Clinical Validation Process for all APP hires.
- Evaluate New Grad Applicants and work closely with Clinical
Center of Excellence (CCOE) to support new graduate APPs as
- Scheduling is primarily managed by Central Scheduling in
accordance with Scheduling Policy with Market Manager as primary
contact for market specific scheduling needs.
- Assist with above APP scheduling and staffing when escalated by
the Market Manager or Central Scheduling.
- Champion scheduling practices that are consistent with
Scheduling Policy and APP contract terms.
- Orientation for APP new hires: conduct in office training and
arranging clinical orientation/shifts in conjunction with CCOE and
- Perform Competency Based check offs in collaboration with
- Evaluating readiness for solo clinical practice
- Provide support for initial clinical shifts
Clinical Monthly Meeting:
- Utilizing the Centralized Template, complete Deck with local
specific information. Champion information, contained in Deck.
- In collaboration with Market Manager and Medical Director,
conduct monthly clinical meetings with all staff.
- Achieve targets for Clinical Metrics, subject to change based
on patient need.
- Achieve additional KPIs goals which are primarily tracked by MM
with Lead APP assistance for any outliers.
- Clinical Inbox management oversight
- Performance Reviews of all APPs on regular cadence
Business Development Support
- As time permits, attend clinical meetings with
vendors/preferred partners with Market Director and Community
Engagement Managers as needed
Quality, Safety and Patient Outcomes Champion:
- Perform professional services for no less than minimum number
of clinical shifts per Lead APP contract to support patient care
needs in the market, understand clinical experiences, gain insight
and maintain credibility with clinical teammates in the market.
- Champion culture of safety by working closely with the Quality
Department to support initiatives to improve patient safety,
quality care and patient outcomes
- Promote use event reporting system to track potential patient
safety issues, manage and evaluate complaints, identify and
implement policies and procedures that enhance patient safety,
quality care and outcomes.
- In collaboration with Market Manager and Regional Medical
Director address patient and/or partner complaints and concerns.
Participate in APP coaching and service recovery, asnecessary.
- Chart Review with aim to promote evidence based medical
practice and adherence to DispatchHealth clinical pathways
- Work as part of a clinical care team with a DHMT (Medical
Technician) and individually, as appropriate for the service line
to deliver care in the patient's home through our innovative
in-home care service lines (i.e., Acute Care, Bridge Care, Advanced
Care, Tele-presentation and others). This involves being in a
mobile unit and driving or riding in a company vehicle to the place
Dispatch Way Culture
- Engage in activities that promote teamwork, change management,
positivity, and professionalism.
- Promote the Dispatch Way in all interactions.
- People are at the center of what we do. The Lead APP will
champion both local and central initiatives to promote engagement
thus leading to enhanced employee retention and patient
loyalty.What You Need:
- At least 5 years of experience in the ED, UC or family
- Current unrestricted state licensure as a Physician Assistant
or Nurse Practitioner
- Nationally board certified (current)
- Current BLS/ACLS certification
- Prescriptive authority and DEA
- Ability to document in electronic medical record, ensuring
completeness and accuracy
- Ability to adopt and champion technological tools to optimize
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively
with others to achieve common goals
- Cultural competency
- Knowledge and ability to perform therapeutic interventions such
as splinting, suturing, wound care and minor surgical
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills utilizing evidence-based standards of
- Expertise in clinical skills related acute care, chronic
conditions, and injuries
- Ability to identify and proactively solve problems
- Ability to thrive in a patient-focused environment
- Previous management and clinical leadership experience
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Complete required drivers training upon hire
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 50 poundsWho We
Are:DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare delivery through mobile
and virtual healthcare. A rapidly scaling Denver, Colo., startup,
we provide right-sized healthcare through the power of technology,
convenience, and service. DispatchHealth is creating an integrated,
convenient, high-touch care-delivery solution that extends the
capabilities of the patient's care team and ensures that we provide
personalized, quality care in the home or at the patient's location
of need. Our skilled, certified providers arrive onsite with the
expertise and tools necessary to administer advanced medical care,
supported by our technological infrastructure to ensure quality and
to improve outcomes. DispatchHealth brings together experienced
professionals with proven success in medicine, engineering and
operations and a passion for transforming the healthcare
DispatchHealth is committed to creating and supporting a diverse
and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified
applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race,
gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
religion, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
DispatchHealth offers a comprehensive benefit package, including
medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, family,
and short-term disability leave.
Do you want to be part of and thrive in a fast-paced, growth-stage,
entrepreneurial technology, and healthcare delivery company?
Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be
Are you passionate about transforming healthcare through technology
innovation, service and quality care delivered to patients?
Our MissionWe deliver trusted, compassionate care to all in the
comfort of home.
Our VisionBuilding the world's largest in-home care system.
Our Values are embodied in The DispatchWay
- Courage to advocate for our patients and each other
- Innovation to trailblaze a new path for healthcare
- Integrity to create a respectful and inclusive environment
- Compassion to provide quality, safe and excellent careConnect
With Us:Get to know us! Watch the video below to hear from
healthcare professionals on what it's like to work with
DispatchHealth. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to learn
Keywords: DispatchHealth Management, San Bernardino , Lead Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants, Healthcare , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!