Regional Medical Officer - West (interim)
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Hospice/Palliative Medicine opening in San Bernardino,
California. This and other physician jobs brought to you by
DocCafe.com Under the supervision and direction of the Corporate
Chief Medical Officer (CMO) the Regional Medical Officer – West
Coast is responsible for the oversight of the regional medical
program and supervision of the regional Medical Director's, Nurse
Practitioners, and contracted provider delivery care on behalf of
InnovAge. The Regional Medical Officer – West Coast will also
partner with the VP of Pharmacy and Dental Services to ensure
pharmacy and dental services are provided in the region consistent
with PACE requirements.
Essential Functions and Work ResponsibilitiesFunctional Category:
AdministrationEstimated Percent of time Spent – 40%
- Assists in the development of standards of care for InnovAge
and its affiliates.
- Assists in the development and implementation of InnovAge
- Recommends program improvements to the Executive staff and
implements changes approved.
- Promotes and enforces compliance with laws and regulations and
participates in compliance programs as needed or as beneficial to
- Acts as a liaison between the, COO, CMO and Physicians and
- Collaborates with staff regarding quality assurance issues and
ensures items are addressed.
- Monitors and evaluates participant care on a regular or as
- Determines ability to provide services to InnovAge participants
by monitoring nursing home data.
- Provides advice regarding medical services, which include
collaborative resolution of issues that impact InnovAge's clinical
operations and performance.
- Monitors, analyzes and interprets statistical data regarding
program operations and provides recommendations as appropriate to
- May serve as member of the Regional Leadership Council and
attend and participate in its regularly scheduled meetings.
Functional Category: SupervisionEstimated Percent of time Spent –
- Performs recruiting and hiring of Physicians and Nurse
Practitioners for InnovAge.
- Effectively supervises and manages direct reports and provides,
by example and leadership, motivation and direction to employees of
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable state and federal employment
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; recognizing and rewarding employees; corrective
disciplinary procedures and practices (under direction of
supervisor and in partnership with Human Resources), addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures annual employee performance reviews are conducted in a
timely and effective manner. Evaluates performance of employees for
compliance with established policies and objectives of the
organization and contributions in attaining objectives.
- Helps set the tone of the department to ensure morale, team
work, and that the positive employment culture of the organization
- Regularly schedules leadership/management, department, and
staff 1:1 meetings to provide leadership, development, and a forum
for communication to ensure coordination and collaboration in
meeting organization and individual goals. Functional Category:
Promotion & ExpansionEstimated Percent of time Spent – 20%
- Assists with strategic planning and the expansion of medical
- Participates in InnovAge marketing efforts in order to promote
the organization from a medical standpoint.
- Evaluates new programs with assistance from the COO and
- Promotes InnovAge by interacting with community groups on the
subject of his/her expertise.Functional Category: Finance &
BudgetingEstimated Percent of time Spent – 10%
- Monitors budgets, operations and statistics in collaboration
with the Officers Council.
- Advises on the subjects of budgeting, capital, equipment and
other needs for the clinics.
Keywords: InnovAge, San Bernardino , Regional Medical Officer - West (interim), Healthcare , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!