Registered Nurse (RN), MCS Mechanical Circulatory Support (LVAD) Speci
Company: Community Medical Centers
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Overview: You are a nurse looking for a chance to join an
exclusive team of care providers in the Central Valley. If you have
passion for improving the health of the Valley and its residents,
you can make a difference here, on the front lines, at the region s
safety net hospital, and the only area hospital with a destination
therapy certification for Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
patients and certification for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
(PAH) patients. We re here to support you with competitive pay,
excellent benefits, flexible schedules, and unique perks like free
membership to our fitness center with free personal training,
tuition and certification reimbursement programs and concierge
services. We are dedicated to cultivating your career, and offer
on-the-job training and advancement opportunities. In this
position, every day brings new and energizing challenges. Community
is expanding its footprint and that affords you many possible
positions within one company, four hospitals, multiple outpatient
centers, and ongoing expansions. Responsibilities: Manages the care
of the high risk ventricular assist device and advance heart
failure patient population across the continuum in collaboration
with physicians, social worker, administrative assistant and manger
as a cohesive team to ensure the optimal operations of the
MCS/Advanced Heart Failure Program. Provides advanced assessment,
planning and coordination of care, modification of the treatment
plan and monitoring and evaluating outcomes. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Optimize the patient's clinical, functional and psychosocial
- Coordinates communication of the patient's multidisciplinary
health care team.
- Collaborates with Manager to develop and implement and evaluate
performance improvement program that focuses on continually
improving the outcomes.
- Provides leadership and mentorship to the CT Surgery Program
and Nursing Department through application of advanced clinical and
- Provides clinical consultation and education related to the
management and care of VAD.
- Develops a therapeutic relationship with the VAD patient and
family and maximizes the patient's participation and control in
their own recovery.
- Facilitates the access and utilization of community resources
and organizations to assist in patient's recovery.
- Serves as a liaison and communication link between VAD patients
and their families with the primary care providers, specialists,
community organizations, patient care services and volunteer
- Coordinates and manages;
- Outpatient care of the VAD patient in the clinic setting and
through home visitation.
- Inpatient (VAD) care, including but not limited to daily
inpatient rounds, MCS management in the OR and for any invasive
procedures for the MCS patient.
- Rotating call coverage for MCS patients; after hours and
- Performs related duties, as required. Qualifications:
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Five to seven years of RN experience, ICU/CVU experience
- BSN nursing preferred.
- Diplomatic personality, with strong drive to grow and own a
- Clinical assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation
- Care Coordination experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate respectfully and effectively with
physicians, patients, staff and public.
- Ability to manage numerous interruptions during the work day
and reprioritize as needed.
- Sound knowledge of CV health and related diagnostic
- Ability to educate patients, families, staff and students.
- Strong ability to problem solve and multitask.
- Ability to anticipate needs of patients while working closely
with physicians to establish plan of care/continuum of care.
- Enthusiasm for new treatment options for high risk patients.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Current California Registered Nurse
license. Current BLS and ACLS certification. Current American
Association of Critical Care Nurses, Critical Care Registered Nurse
(CCRN) certification within twelve (12) months of hire into job.
Certification of VAD training by program vendor or completion of
certification within six (6) months of hire into job. Associated
topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, hospice, nurse, psychatric, registered
nurse, staff nurse, surgery, tcu, unit
Keywords: Community Medical Centers, San Bernardino , Registered Nurse (RN), MCS Mechanical Circulatory Support (LVAD) Speci, Healthcare , Barstow, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!