Nurse Practitioner Radiation Oncology (Physician Assistant #)
Company: Palm Health Resources
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: January 11, 2021
SUMMARY: We are hiring a Nurse Practitioner for Radiation
Oncology Specialization! We are looking for a good attitude,
self-motivated and willing to learn! We will cross train nurse
practitioners from other specialties in Radiation Oncology! New
Grads Welcome!!! Must have CA License! Provides direct care to
cancer patients and support to a multidisciplinary health team
working within the scope of the Certified Nurse Practitioner
license and hospital privileges. Responsibilities will include
logistical coordination, managing acute patient issues during
radiation treatments, and evaluating patients in long-term
follow-up. Demonstrates commitment to system values through
customer focus and dedication to process improvement
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance
policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or
concerns and report suspected violations.
- Uses the medical model to manage patient care.
- Assesses the health status of patients by obtaining an
appropriate patient history, performing an appropriate physical
examination based on age and history, and performing or ordering
appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Makes accurate diagnoses by using critical thinking in the
diagnostic process, synthesizing and analyzing the collected data,
and formulating a differential diagnosis.
- Develops an effective treatment plan to maximize health
benefits to the patient by selecting appropriate pharmacologic and
non-pharmacologic interventions, developing a patient education
plan and providing patient teaching, and using appropriate
consultation or referral to other health care providers.
- Evaluates patient status on treatment and in follow up and
modifies the treatment plan based on reassessment when expected
outcomes are not met.
- Provides all services within the providers scope of service and
the Nursing Practice Act, and appropriately consults with clinic
- Documents all patient care provided pursuant to hospital and
- Participates in hospital and clinic quality improvement and
quality assurance activities as requested or required. Participates
in provider and support-staff meetings, including tumor boards, as
- Demonstrates efficient use of hospital and clinic resources to
meet budget goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Pre and Post-procedure evaluations, counseling and education,
management of pathological findings, and consultations to other
services as warranted.
- Required: Completion of Nurse Practitioner program
- Preferred: ONS/ONCC Radiation Therapy Certificate, OCN
Certificate, or similar credential
- Required: California licensure as a nurse practitioner.
California Nurse Practitioner Furnisher number, American Heart
- Referred: Three years of experience providing outpatient care
- Comprehensive Benefits, Relocation Assistance, CME'S, 401K
Matching, Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance!
- Salary: $105,000.00 to $157,000.00 /year Keyphrases: oncology
jobs, oncologist jobs, gynecology oncologist jobs, pediatric
oncology jobs, radiation oncologist jobs, pediatric oncologist
jobs, radiation oncology jobs, hematology oncology jobs,
gynecological oncology jobs, oncology nurse jobs, oncology
hematology jobs, clinical oncology jobs, clinical oncologist
Keywords: Palm Health Resources, San Bernardino , Nurse Practitioner Radiation Oncology (Physician Assistant #), Healthcare , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!