Director of Warehouse Management
Company: TRENDSPOT INC.
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: December 1, 2019
Overview of the Role & Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Manage inventory planning, budgeting, strategic planning,
purchasing, resource management, training, supplier management and
continual improvement of responsible areas. Work as part of cross
departmental teams involved in production planning and materials
planning meetings to set goals and meet customer forecasts
- Identify and developing strategic suppliers/partnerships to
support supply needs and business goals.
- Review customer forecasts and setting inventory targets to
support customer demand and consolidating orders and releasing
supplier POs for efficient seasonal inventory management.
- Build Master Production Schedule.
- Freight consolidation and importing into our distribution
- [LL1] Manages all inbound shipments, including samples. Works
with PD to assure timely arrival of samples[LL2] .
- Oversees US Order Entry function and manages the team
- Support our mission for the manufacture, and distribution of
innovative, safe, reliable, and cost-effective solutions to meet
our customer needs.
- Perform all duties according to Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and follow
appropriate safety precautions and compliance measures.
Supply Performance -- Manage Master agreements between the
suppliers, contract manufacturers and Trendspot; Work with vendor
development to drive improvements at contract manufacturers; Report
on location of WIP orders at contract manufacturers.-- Create and
review supplier and internal scorecards for reporting of metrics,
some of which include: on-time, in-full (fill rates), lost orders,
stock-outs, turns, inventory categories, quality. Inventory
Planning-- Ensure accuracy of vendor data in ERP system (Sage) with
lead times, cost, unit of measure, etc.-- Translate forecasting in
inventory plan for customers; Monitor progress to schedule at
contract manufacturers.-- Monitor transportation to Trendspot via
ocean carrier to the port of entry; Coordinate will distribution
centers timing release from port.
- Analyze inventories to determine ways to increase inventory
turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service; Work with
Finance to set inventory and cashflow budgets.
- Manage inventory cycle and physical counts at each distribution
center (A/B/C classifications, schedules, inventory adjustments,
standard cost updates, SOPs).
- Support production data maintenance by standardizing product
IDs, system cost data, preferred vendor maintenance, lead time, and
batch size, safety stock and batch size and product status,
- Develop & implement a comprehensive Sales & Operations Planning
Process (S&OP).-- Collaborate effectively with peer functions
in Asia Supply Chain, Sales, Finance, Customer Buyers.
- Proactively lead the Supply Chain/Materials team and
continuously seek opportunities for improvement of processes and
procedures by analyzing reports, business metrics, and external
- Review inventory, supply orders, tracking, and deliveries for
- Maintain and optimize inventory levels, supply chain
management, and material movement.
- Interact and negotiate with suppliers to achieve the most
effective pricing for Trendspot's benefit.
- Represent the company in a professional manner to the public,
customers, and vendors and maintain trusting relationships with
partners, customers, and fellow employees.
- Partner in the establishment of relationships with new
- Evaluate and elevate their team's performance.
- Support & enable a culture of metrics and continuous
- Awareness and compliance to Quality System Regulation
- Ability and experience in creating and implementing management
policies, budget preparation and fiscal management; Investigation
and analysis of information to draw conclusions.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
writing; Present effectively to small and large groups; Multitask
in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient computer skills with knowledge of MS Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and strong
attention to detail.
- Experience with records maintenance, document control,
statistical analysis and process validation and control.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Supervisory or managerial experience of at least 5 years.
- Ability to train, cross train, direct, and mentor others.
- Participate in performance reviews and issue performance
correction notices, as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or a
minimum of seven (7) years experience in a manufacturing
environment with extensive experience in supply chain management,
supplier qualifications, purchasing, inventory, planning,
supervision, and computer systems is required.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, communication, and
networking skills are required.
- Knowledge of Lean Supply Chain techniques is required.
- P.M. or CPIM certification is preferred.
- Experience working in seasonal and/or retail distribution
- Experience managing multiple distribution sites in inventory
- Understanding of import, export and customs Requirements.
- Experience working in ERP Systems (Sage100 preferred)
- Understanding of Asia Supply Chain and working with overseas
- Ability to effectively manage a global team and work-related
hours as needed.
Position reports to VP. Operations & Finance
Keywords: TRENDSPOT INC., San Bernardino , Director of Warehouse Management, Executive , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!