Senior Project Manager, IT
Company: San Manuel Band of Mission Indians
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Under the direction of the Director, IT Program Management Office
(PMO), the Sr. Project Manager is responsible for planning,
executing, and finalizing projects in alignment with the approved
stakeholder expectations (scope, schedule, budget) and established
project management methodology. This includes acquiring resources
and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party
contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according
to plan. The Sr. Project Manager will work with project sponsors
and stakeholders in defining and finalizing business requirements
and project objectives and will manage the delivery of those
throughout the project lifecycle.Essential Duties &
- Execute project management job responsibilities per established
IT, PMO project management methodology.
- Work directly with project sponsors and stakeholders on the
development, documentation and approval of formal business
requirements to drive discovery and project execution
- Work closely with the business and Procurement team in
communicating project requirements to drive solution and vendor
selection, statement of work generation and contract
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support
enterprise goals in collaboration with senior management and
- Develop communication plan, including project status reporting,
and effectively communicate project expectations to team members
and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team
members and other stakeholders.
- Manage vendors during project execution ensuring any committed
and uncommitted labor is tracked and that any vendor tasks,
milestones and deliverables are in alignment with our internal
approved project plans.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using
- Effectively, in concert with project team members, assess and
manage risk, including mitigation planning.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to
involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations
report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project
- Prepare necessary artifacts for project closure turnover to
production support, and oversee successful turnover.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior members of the PMO
- Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously without
affecting deadline commitments, when necessary.
- Assist management to define best practices for project
- Work with resource managers during project resource
- Establish budgets and track/manage status of project expenses
through funding approval, PO commitment, invoice receipt and
payment. Communicate project expense forecast and any
- Ensure variances to project schedule, scope and budget
baselines are managed and approved through formal change control
processes. Ensure that impacts of changes are well understood,
documented, communicated and managed
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or
consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary
during project cycle.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements
documentation, and presentations.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient
operation of the department.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Minimum five (5) years prior experience as a Project Manager,
with a demonstrated track record of delivery.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be
accepted in lieu of educational requirement.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in requirements gathering
- Strong experience with systems analysis and functional
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle and/or
agile development methodologies.
- Strong technical verbal and written communication skills with
the ability to simplify terminology that a non-technical end user
and/or senior executive can understand.
- Ability to create a positive and professional business
relationship with internal and external clients as well as
third-party service/product providers.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical
professionals, and a basic understanding of system architecture and
- Knowledge of the Casino Gaming industry preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is
- ITIL (Foundation or higher) certification preferred, not
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission,
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers
license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the
companys insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make
reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San
Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its
employees. Join our team today!
Keywords: San Manuel Band of Mission Indians, San Bernardino , Senior Project Manager, IT, Executive , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!