DIETITIAN / NUTRITION CARE MANAGER
Company: Morrison Community Living
Location: La Verne
Posted on: September 23, 2018
Morrison Community Living, a member of Compass Group--, is the nation's only company exclusively dedicated to providing food, nutrition & wellness, EVS and hospitality services to the senior living industry. Morrison has over 350 registered dietitians, 250 executive chefs, 400 hospitality associates and 7,000 professional food service team members. Actively committed to fostering ways to enjoy great-tasting, healthy food through socially responsible practices and superior customer service, the Atlanta-based company serves more than 450 senior living clients in 42 states, including some of the largest and most prominent senior living communities in the United States. Job Summary: We are seeking a full-time Dietitian / Nutrition Care Manager to join our Nutrition Team to work in a continuing care retirement community setting in La Verne, CA. Monday-Friday, day shift with occasional weekends as needed. The Nutrition Care Manager will provide clinical nutrition services to residents as well as leadership for the Dining Services team members. Join our team and be eligible for comprehensive benefits, relocation assistance, tuition reimbursement, a 401K Plan, AND dues and licensure fee reimbursement, and many other benefits. Key Responsibilities:
- Provides clinical nutrition services including nutrition assessment, modified diet formulation, self-management training and nutrition intervention to residents.
- Assesses the nutritional status of residents through documentation in the medical record.
- Advises department on resident care and food service matters.
- Provides supervision and assistance, as needed, in dining rooms during meal service.
- Develops, schedules and conducts in-service training classes, on the job training and orientation classes for staff.
- Assists with the planning of menus with regard to nutrition, regulatory compliance, color, variety, general resident population preferences, and wellness/trends.
- Hires, leads, directs, coaches, trains and develops the Food and Nutrition Service team.
- Complies with all regulatory agency standards, including federal, state and accrediting agencies and adheres to facility confidentiality, HIPAA regulations, and resident rights policies.
- Participates in facility-wide and departmental Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement (QAPI) Programs.
- Participates in and attends departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate.
- Complies with all policies and procedures of the facility, Morrison Community Living and Compass Group, as appropriate. Qualifications:
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) required.
- Licensed by the State Dietetics Licensing Board in states where applicable required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of long term care and/or senior living community experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience desirable.
- ServSafe-- certification required. If not certified, must obtain certification within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Experience with computers and programs including Microsoft Office Suite required. Apply to Morrison Community Living today! Morrison Community Living is a member of Compass Group USA Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law. Req ID: 198980
Keywords: Morrison Community Living, San Bernardino , DIETITIAN / NUTRITION CARE MANAGER, Executive , La Verne, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!