Company: Daifuku America Corp
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Elite Line Services is a major single source maintenance solution
in the industry with the bandwidth to service all of your equipment
maintenance needs. We maintain all original equipment manufacturers
for material handling equipment, BHS, PBB, Facilities, GSE and
vehicles. Our hybrid programs efficiently cross utilize technicians
between equipment types to provide seamless coverage that protects
the best interest of our customers. Whether this is getting full
warranty value for new parts and systems or applying experienced
and specialized technical support for mature equipment needs, ELS
has you covered.
The Maintenance Manager (MM) will lead a team of maintenance
associates, as well as potentially supervise Maintenance Area
Managers, and will ensure a safe working environment for all.
* Support the Operations team by working in a safe,
customer-focused manner; and must be highly self-motivated and
* Develop and design innovative solutions to difficult problems,
manage outside contractors and be on call for emergencies.
* Handle multiple internal and externally sponsored projects and
daily activities, manage to and meet deadlines, and develop & track
plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution goals.
* Work with local site Safety department leadership to understand,
implement, and audit safety programs. Ensure that all safety
programs and procedures are followed.
* Develop and maintain preventative maintenance programs and good
working relationships with operations leadership.
* Facilitate technical and safety training, as well as help to
develop professional development of maintenance associates.
* Mentor all maintenance associates by motivating and providing
direction to help them achieve their goals and make a consistent
effort to go above and beyond.
* Develop the site business plans and provide guidance and
direction for the successful implementation of those plans.
* Work with site Finance team to develop, set and track
* Participate in and support efficiency improvement Kaizen
activities for the site, as well as the network when needed.
* Develop capital spending plans, facilitate cross-functional
project planning and perform cost analysis.
* Own and promote excellent housekeeping.
* Participate in weekly network Site calls and periodic Maintenance
Manager offsite conferences.
* Candidates must have the ability to provide specific, enriched
feedback to enhance individual performance, and provide associates
with written performance appraisals including discipline and up to
* Maintain site morale and customer satisfaction by keeping the
customer in mind and by keeping the interests of the company at
* Perform additional duties/assignments that may be required by
management from time to time.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule
* 5+ years' experience in the distribution or manufacturing field
with equivalent experience in the mechanical or electrical
* A completed Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
(Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil) from an accredited
* Ability to travel to various sites as needed.
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Experience in the following areas:
* Automated conveyors systems and controls
* Electrical and electronic principles
* Blueprint and electrical schematic reading
* CMMS programs
* Preventive maintenance procedures
* Industrial electrical
* Industrial controls
* Industrial electronics
* Industrial PC literary
* Ability to develop and maintain a partnership and communicate
effectively, both in writing and verbally with Safety, Operations,
Engineering, Sr. Management, peers, contractors and vendors
* Ability to multitask and prioritize many different projects
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
* Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
* Ability to take care of customer needs while following company
* Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and
* Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined
* Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available
* Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and
* Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic
method of performing a task.
* Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender, religion,
ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age,
disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or
* Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and
* Ability to manage resources to complete job assignment.
* Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee
* Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
* Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
* Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
* Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), E-Mail,
scanning and copying equipment.
* Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and be insurable
under the Company's insurance policy
* Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
* Promoting and conducting good housekeeping practices
* Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 -
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+
Other Physical Requirements:
* Vision (Near, Distance)
* Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
* Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the
waist and above the head
* Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products
up to 100 pounds during site visits
* Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
* Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency;
facilities are over a quarter mile in length
* Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without
* Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that
may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
* Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
* Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending
ladders, stairs, etc.)
Varies between an office environment as well as all areas located
in a distribution center. May be around dust, dirt and noise levels
above OSHA minimum requirements. Use of PPE required.
Elite Line Services (ELS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their race, color,
gender identity, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or
medical condition. If you are an individual with a disability and
would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the
employment selection process, please contact
email@example.com. This email address is reserved solely
for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility
assistance or an accommodation in the job application process.
Please do not call about the status of your job application if you
do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation.
Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an
application or non-disability related technical issues, will not
receive a response.
Keywords: Daifuku America Corp, San Bernardino , Maintenance Manager, Executive , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!