Operation Systems Manager
Company: DHL Supply Chain
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: April 4, 2021
MUST HAVE: Blue Yonder (JDA) Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
Experience. Big Plus: Vision Picking and Robotics
Brief Description:Serves as primary technical support for site
operations. Serves as primary site liaison for Information
Technology. Performs system maintenance necessary to update
records, specifications, and operating procedures of site systems.
Provides product and systems installation, configuration, and
training. Maintains account activities of transactions and
generates management reports. Functions as internal consultant
regarding needs and requirements of Operations data processing.
Designs, develops, and implements data gathering and reporting
methods and procedures within site Operations. Follows evaluation
processes to determine effectiveness of current operational
activities and determine problem areas and develop solutions. May
serve as backup Operations Supervisor as needed.
- Serves as primary technical support for site database
operations, such as Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Freight
Management Systems (FMS), Labor Management Systems (LMS), etc.
Ensures operational system integrity, including setup and control
processes. Maintains "super user" status to facilitate site systems
- Interfaces with Operations staff to review operating procedures
and maximize system efficiencies. Provides regular communication to
site Operations and internal departments regarding operational
issues, process flows, customer requirements, account specific
issues, etc. Includes analysis, insight, and recommendations.
- Coordinates with Information Technology to resolve site
technical issues. Ensures issues are being identified, addressed,
and resolved in a timely manner. Serves as functional user to
define site requirements for layout and design of site databases.
Investigates and recommends new technologies and information
systems appropriate to the site. May work with system providers to
obtain costs for system enhancements.
- Designs, develops, and implements spreadsheets, databases, and
other tools to provide ongoing analysis of operational activities
(e.g., storage capacities, inventory, freight flow, transportation
solutions, etc.). Identifies areas for improving service levels,
reducing costs, and providing operational enhancements.
- Develops standardized and ad hoc site, management, and/or
customer reporting. Analyzes discrepancies and implements
procedures to minimize.
- Conducts feasibility analyses on processes and equipment;
calculates cost/benefit and business impact and proposes
- Trains associates on using warehouse management system (WMS)
and serves as site expert on WMS logic and functionality.
- Serves as project lead and/or "site super user" for systems
implementations. Leads User Acceptance Testing for new systems and
modifications at the site.
- Trains site staff on the use of site systems and tools to
ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and improve
productivity. Supports training activities during account start-ups
and on an ongoing basis as needed.
- Monitors system performance, performs maintenance and backups
- Based on site-specific needs, may perform any or all of the
- Serve as backup Operations Supervisor as needed.
- Maintain responsibility for Inventory Control and
- Supervision of Operations Analysts and/or hourly site
- Participate or perform scheduling or related activities.
- Interfaces with customers to identify and resolve systems
issues and maximize productivity.
- Support other site technology, including servers, backup
systems, phone systems, PCs/hardware, network devices (wiring and
switches), and network connectivity. Handles troubleshooting and
related maintenance contracts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Business Administration, Information
Technology, Logistics, or equivalent experience.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, information
technology, transportation, logistics, or related field.
- Five to seven (5-7) years of related experience.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and project
- Excellent computer skills, including spreadsheets, databases,
and word processing software. May need skills in particular
site-specific technology and/or site reporting tools (e.g., Oracle,
MYSQL, SQL Servers, web development languages, WMS, FMS,
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and other data-mining
- Working knowledge of logistics and/or transportation operations
to be able to identify areas for improvement.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems and
balance long- and short-term needs
- Ability to use solution-development site tools.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner with minimal
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions, operational needs, and
Keywords: DHL Supply Chain, San Bernardino , Operation Systems Manager, Executive , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!