Manager, Master Data Management (Home Office)
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: April 4, 2021
**WE ARE HIRING FOR A MDM ROLE THAT IS PRIMARILY BUSINESS
- Job Summary:The Master Data Management Manager s role is to
strategically manage and administer data across the enterprise,
while ensuring high levels of data quality, integrity,
availability, accuracy, completeness, consistency, and privacy.
This individual is responsible for standardizing data naming,
establishing consistent data definitions, monitoring/auditing the
data quality, and executing cleansing and policy agreements. This
individual focuses on business benefits, fosters the goal of data
re-use, helps create, manage, and uphold governance agreements and
articulates the strategic significance of information to the
organization.The position requires exceptional global master data
knowledge, interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task in a
fast-moving environment. This role will be part of the Planning &
Inventory team and will have a strong collaboration with the
business operations, merchandising, accounting, and marketing
teams. Job Expectations:The duties and responsibilities listed
below may provide only a partial description of this position and
is not a complete list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and
responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as
necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
- Oversee and manage the process to create and enforce Master
Data Governance policies and procedures.
- Establish and adhere to SLAs and accuracy ratios for creating
and updating master data records.
- Administer all necessary Create/Read/Update/Delete requests to
appropriate master data, ensuring accuracy of information.
- Monitor all newly created / updated master data records for
accuracy and completeness.
- Be the "Gate Keeper" in maintaining consistency, uniformity,
and accuracy of all systems master data.
- Identify and manage the escalation and resolution of data
quality issues in a cost-effective and timely fashion.
- Run designated reports that will support analytics, data
accuracy, metrics, reporting, etc.
- Provide and continuously improve Data Governance policies to
address both identified and potential future organizational
- Ensure that the company meets its responsibilities for SOX and
any legislative requirements.
- Manage the compliance to the Information Security Standards,
performing Internal Audits, Escalations and defining/reviewing
processed and procedures as required.
- Recommend and execute continuous improvement of master data
- Drive and approve global master data integrity and compliance
with policies and procedures by working with cross functional
partners to address identified gaps that may drive inconsistent
- Provide data expertise and guideline knowledge on downstream
impacts of inaccurate data to influence accountability, to support
global data synchronization initiatives and guideline
- Drive master data initiatives and projects to implement new
procedures and policies to streamline processes.
- Provide analytical support to other departments as necessary to
assist with problem solving.
- Comply with company policies and procedures, including safety,
business ethics, and standards of conduct
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in a data or business
analyst role that required defining process requirements, business
requirements and SOPs related to Master Data Management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in researching,
analyzing, interpreting, and synthesizing information to make an
informed decision and/or share the knowledge with team
- Understand enterprise/master data management systems, concepts,
principles, and best practices.
- Understand the use of technology tools that enable demand and
supply planning and reporting, along with collaboration with
- Strong computer skills and proficient in ERP systems, Google,
and Microsoft tools
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills, data management and retail math
- Ability to communicate written and verbally in a professional
manner with people at all levels of the organization and external
- Detail oriented, team-player
- Google G Suite skills desired
- SAP Experience a plus
- Tableau Experience a plus
- Experience Requirements:Generally requires a minimum of three
(3) years of relevant experience required, preferably in an
e-commerce environment. Education Requirements:Bachelor s Degree in
Business, Retail, or related field preferred, or a combination of
education and equivalent work experience. Judgment/Reasoning
Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems
quickly using sound judgment and logical reasoning. Ability to use
judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate
issues, as required, in a timely manner. Ability to think
proactively to reduce repetitive issues/tasks, develop steps for
redundant tasks to automation. Physical Demands (Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.) While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The
employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers,
bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder
heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents
or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting
techniques required. Work Environment: Work from home for the near
term, and when in the work environment noise level is usually
moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office / Warehouse environment (when in the office)
- Ability to work extended hours as required
- Ability to work from home, office like setting with proper
equipment (e.g. Wi-Fi)#LI-JC1At iHerb we strive for innovation,
targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while
transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction
and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are
incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our
success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal
employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment. Associated topics: data
analyst, data analytic, data engineer, data integrity, data
scientist, database administrator, erp, mongo database
administrator, sybase, teradata
Keywords: IHERB, San Bernardino , Manager, Master Data Management (Home Office), Executive , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!