Assistant/Associate Professor of Medical Education Pre-Clerkship Clini
Company: California University of Science and Medicine (CUS
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: January 10, 2019
Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Medical Education Pre-Clerkship Clinical FacultyExempt: Full-timeDepartment Name: Medical EducationSupervisor: Chair, Department of Medical EducationSpecial Requirements and Conditions: NoneItems Used: Computer, typical office equipmentPosition Purpose:This position will work closely with the Senior Associate Dean of Medical Education. This position will hold a faculty position in the medical school and will contribute to teaching and scholarly learning.Essential Function: % TimeInformation provided below is a general description of responsibilities; it is not intended to provide an all-inclusive list of responsibilities and may change depending on the needs of CUSM College Mentor; Student Engagement; Pre-Clerkship Clinical Skills: 50-60%This faculty member has an essential role as a College Mentor and Clinical Instructor for pre-clerkship medical students. Activities will/may include:
- Develop and implement lectures for assigned topics in educational programs in the School of Medicine.
- Teach first and second year medical students.
- Support student remediation planning and activities, student career advising, and student medical career interest groups.
- Participate in faculty development activities by developing/arranging teaching related faculty development sessions.
- Develop summative and formative assessments for the assigned lectures.
- Perform the duties in teaching and student academic advising as a College Mentor, responsible for:
- Clinical Skills and supervision of students in service learning activities;
- Clinical Case-based learning;
- College Colloquium (a course that addresses societal needs/issues)
- Participate in the facilitation of the "clinical presentation" based curriculum as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned including serving on CUSM Committees. Clinical Practice; Clinical Clerkship Faculty: 20-30%
- Clinical practice opportunities at Arrowhead Regional Medial Center (ARMC) or affiliated teaching sites are available. Applicants desiring this opportunity should be board certified, have a California medical license and be eligible for clinical privileges in their specialty at ARMC. Scholarly Activity 10%
- Engage in scholarly activities as defined in the Guidelines on Faculty Appointment and Promotion
- Position may include administrative oversight of the student educational research Administration 10%
- Participate in administration duties including service on institutional committees as assigned.
- Participate in other service activities as defined in the Guidelines on Faculty Appointment and Promotion. Minimum Requirements:
- A MD or DO degree with specialty board certification and eligibility for a California medical license.
- Evidence of successful collaboration and interdisciplinary work in a medical education environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to support the mission of the university and the vision to inspire, motivate, and empower students to become excellent physicians, scientists, and leaders.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion as part of our conviction that the presence of diversity enriches an institution of higher learning.
- Eligibility for appointment as Assistant or Associate Professor in the interdisciplinary Department of Medical Education.
- Documentation of relevant scholarly and research activity.
- Outstanding communication skills in writing, speaking, presenting, and listening; display a collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and information with discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with diplomacy, patience, and courtesy with diverse individuals; ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships while providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills to communicate and interact effectively with colleagues, faculty, students, and visitors.
- Ability to supervise, advise, training and assess peers and students; including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling assignments. Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrated skill in working independently and completing assignments according to defined goals and objectives. Ability to effectively prioritize and deliver assignments under pressure of deadlines, and with frequent interruptions and competing priorities. Must be able to adjust priorities quickly, multitask with excellent organizational skills. Demonstrated experience in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Demonstrated high attention to detail. Demonstrated skill in analyzing information to define and follow up on problems or objectives. Can identify solutions and independently act toward solving problems.
- Demonstrated proficient skill in effectively using a computer and applications such as Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and use computer; stand, walk, bend, intermittently throughout the day. Ability to work in a university environment; moderate changes in temperature and noise.
- Must successfully complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen/physical and background check through the Department of Justice. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with college/university personnel, policies and procedures as well as current trends in higher education.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in program planning, project management, and academic administration.
- Previous experience with LCME accreditation process and requirements. To apply for an open position, please submit your CV and/or resume to along with your cover letter that states the position you are applying for. All applicants must be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Keywords: California University of Science and Medicine (CUS, San Bernardino , Assistant/Associate Professor of Medical Education Pre-Clerkship Clini, Education / Teaching , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!