Front Desk Receptionist
Company: Pacific Dermatology Ins.
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: November 22, 2021
SummaryUnder the general administrative direction of the Office
Manager, the Front Office Medical Receptionist, attends to patients
on the phone and in person. Coordinates and organizes appointments
and documentation to facilitate the smooth running of the
healthcare environment and supports the delivery of quality patient
care on a daily basis.Essential FunctionsReasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Wholeheartedly believes in, and exemplifies Pacific Dermatology
Institutes Mission, Goals and Values on a daily basis.
- Greets patients, vendors, pharmaceutical representatives, and
other visitors to our medical offices and creates a welcoming
- Checks in patients and distributes forms and the required
paperwork. Reviews forms and paperwork to ensure required fields
are completed appropriately and obtain patient identification and
- Checks patients out in a timely, friendly manner ensuring each
patient has the necessary information and future appointment
information if needed.
- Provides outstanding professional phone communications; manages
multi-line telephone system efficiently and seamlessly, minimizing
- Maintains patient accounts by verifying insurance information
and coordinating with relevant departments for payment and referral
- Communicates with providers and medical assistants, keeps them
abreast of schedule changes, patient details, and potential service
- Responds to emails in a timely fashion by utilizing the Pacific
Dermatology Institute general office email address.
- Efficiently utilize the electronic medical record software to
register new patients, schedule/cancel or create follow -up
appointments for patients, as well as verifying demographic
information is current at all times.
- Ensure the waiting room environment remains quiet, calm, clean
- Upholds the positive reputation of our medical office by always
treating visitors in a friendly, welcoming, and compassionate
manner with the primary focus being patient confidentiality.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications, attend seminars,
conferences and continuing education courses.
- Ability to keep confidential patient information to oneself at
all times, despite the temptation to share.
- Maintain a clean driving record, a valid drivers license, and
evidence of valid auto insurance at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.Skills/Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize
tasks based on importance.
- Tech-savvy; able to use desktops and iPads for inputting new
patient information, updating patient information and scheduling
- Strong attention to detail, able to produce accurate and
high-quality work through concern for all areas involved.
- Excellent customer service skills, able to develop good
customer relationships with a focus on achieving customer
- Adaptability, able to adjust interaction to meet changing
demands and situations including dealing with diverse people.
- Typing skills (40 wpm).
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced medical or customer service
- Outstanding organization, multi-tasking skills and time
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferredRequired Education and
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Certification
Program: National Certification.
- Experience working as a front desk receptionist, administrative
assistant or in a relevant role such as customer service
- Basic knowledge of general administrative and clerical
- Basic knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and
OutlookSupervisory ResponsibilityThis position has no supervisory
responsibilities.Work EnvironmentThis job operates in a fast-paced
professional medical environment with multiple providers. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, and filing cabinets.Physical DemandsThe employee is
required to sit and use both hands for typing for extended periods
of time; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
periodically. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to
15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.Position Type and Expected
Hours of WorkThis is a full-time, non-exempt position. Days and
hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 hours a day
shifts.TravelThis position requires up to 50% travel. Travel to
multiple clinic locations, which are located throughout the Inland
Empire and surrounding areas will be required throughout the week
and at times on short notice.Other DutiesPlease note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.Location:
1666 N. Waterman Ave, San Bernardino, CA 00000Job Type:
Keywords: Pacific Dermatology Ins., San Bernardino , Front Desk Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!