Billing Supervisor - San Bernardino, CA
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Location: San Bernardino
Posted on: June 18, 2022
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you
must be smart about the business of health care. Financial
discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is
why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like
nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing
your life's best work.SMThis position is full-time, Monday -
Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of
8:00am - 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to
work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at St.
Bernardine Medical Center, 2101 N. Waterman Ave, San Bernardino, CA
- Responsible for planning, monitoring, and evaluation of the
functions of the Accounts Receivable Department to meet performance
goals. Provide training, direction, and support to staff.
- Proactively identify solutions, workflow, and processes for
improved departmental performance.
- Create and follow SOPs to ensure compliance with governmental
and organizational billing regulations and policies.
- Responsible for day to day operations of the Accounts
Receivable/Payable Department including but not limited to
interviewing, training, supervision, counseling, and evaluation of
A/R staff, achieving departmental performance goals, and
implementing processes for continued performance.
- Supervise the month end close process including preparation and
analysis of month end revenue and A/R reports for senior
- Review and approve all departmental activities including but
not limited to write-off and refund request, cash posting reports
and correspondence logs.
- Audits, Identifies, and reports billing and collection trends
and issues on a regular basis to senior management.
- Review outstanding A/R balances monthly and assist management
with collection analysis.
- Monitor department adherence to federal, state and company
billing compliance policies.
- Ensure that written policies and procedures are developed,
updated, and reviewed annually.
- Work in coordination with offshore team
- Ensures job aids are available for account resolution that are
in compliance with OPTUM360 and Government policy
- Establishes and maintains professional and effective
relationships with peers, payers, patients, and other stakeholders;
serves as liaison with various internal departments / staff /
providers in coordinating and troubleshooting various revenue
- Performs other activities and responsibilities as
assignedYou'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in
an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction
on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide
development for other roles you may be interested in. Required
- High school diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of Medical Revenue Cycle Management experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this
role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster
doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth
Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as
well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of
vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to
ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential
job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Preferred
- 3+ years of healthcare accounts receivable experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in healthcare
- Data analysis and trending experience
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office SuiteUnitedHealth Group
requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19
vaccination status.Military & Veterans find your next mission: We
know your background and experience is different and we like that.
UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication
that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values
defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture
holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and
Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty
to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we
want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at
https://uhg.hr/transitioning-militaryLearn how Teresa, a Senior
Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they
receive the best benefits and experience possible.
https://uhg.hr/vetCareers with OptumInsight. Information and
technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry
and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is
where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved.
We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely
wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can
most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the
quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the
best and the brightest work together to make positive change a
reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SMDiversity
creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal
Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is
a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug
test before beginning employment.Keywords: #RPO, #RED
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, San Bernardino , Billing Supervisor - San Bernardino, CA, Accounting, Auditing , San Bernardino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!